DVD Rippers To Laptop?

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend some DVD rippers, to convert dvd's into computer files and prices, but would like to keep it cheap.
Also im really keen to start making short films from DVD's (trailers kinda). Any info or pointers, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Russ.

Dante666

Likes Dirt
Handbrake, Magic DVD Ripper, Magic DVD copier, Magicdisc, etc....or if your a mac user then Mac the Ripper....all free

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For purely backup purposes (right???), Use DVDShrink. It's free,and it's the best, I never had any issues with it, it's the only one ive seen which doesnt have a fit at the first sign of a copyright barrier. Although it is a perfectly free (and legal, depending on usage... yeah?), you have to download it from a third-party site, which is no problem, a quick google will find you a safe/not-dodgy site fairly quickly.

I believe handbrake supports DVD ripping, but I use it mainly for format conversion - I dont know how it handles copyright..

For purely backup purposes (right???), Use DVDShrink. It's free,and it's the best, I never had any issues with it, it's the only one ive seen which doesnt have a fit at the first sign of a copyright barrier. Although it is a perfectly free (and legal, depending on usage... yeah?), you have to download it from a third-party site, which is no problem, a quick google will find you a safe/not-dodgy site fairly quickly.
+1

Have been using DVDShrink for a while now, works superbly.

Russell Boothey

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys, Thanks for your help. Has any one made any trailers or recuts of films, would be great to get some pointers.

Cheers,

Also im not doing this so sell the copied dvd's, just trying out a new hobbie :)

Russ.

todd28

Likes Dirt
The best one i found was magic dvd ripper. I only downloaded the demo soooo now i have done about 4 movies and it no longer works :(