DVO Emerald Fork and Jade Rear Shock

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For the amount of product they put out, they have very little issues. My experience long term with their stuff has been fantastic quality and reliability.

Either way, Fox are viewed as the universal 'high end', BOS is further up I know, but they are not very well known at all.

Their forks are made entirely in Asia, Fox (until just this month or so?) had their internals made in 'murica, so there's that.

I just think their market strategy is wrong, going for that market where they're a lot more than an established brand with racing credentials and great product (whether you think so or not, 40's are a good fork) they'll never move enough volume imo.

But I guess we'll see.

udi

swiss cheese
I've found Fox have better factory damping curves than the competition (BOS included), and generally have a better ability to provide large amounts of compression support with minimal amounts of harshness.

Both forks and rear shocks have been easier to re-valve without reaching spiking thresholds, and generally have better ranges and profiles of damping out of the box.

Towards the end of long / steep runs the sealed damper also maintains noticeably more consistent levels of damping than every open bath / semi bath offering I've tried.

I think the chassis and lubrication system could be improved, but from an ultimate performance standpoint they're hard to go past.

As for DVO, I think they'll be more promising once they release a conventional chassis.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I've found Fox have better factory damping curves than the competition (BOS included), and generally have a better ability to provide large amounts of compression support with minimal amounts of harshness.

Both forks and rear shocks have been easier to re-valve without reaching spiking thresholds, and generally have better ranges and profiles of damping out of the box.

Towards the end of long / steep runs the sealed damper also maintains noticeably more consistent levels of damping than every open bath / semi bath offering I've tried.

I think the chassis and lubrication system could be improved, but from an ultimate performance standpoint they're hard to go past.

As for DVO, I think they'll be more promising once they release a conventional chassis.
Yeah, but you're coming from a performance/engineering viewpoint...in mountainbiking it takes second place to BUT THEY'RE FUCKIN GREEN AND CEDRIC USES THEM viewpoint. Damn.. once they release a fluoro single crown, fox and every other manufacturer will done for.

Then all the narcosistic balding free riding posers round my area will run em.

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, but you're coming from a performance/engineering viewpoint...in mountainbiking it takes second place to BUT THEY'RE FUCKIN GREEN AND CEDRIC USES THEM viewpoint. Damn.. once they release a fluoro single crown, fox and every other manufacturer will done for.
My first full sussa was a 2005 (I think) Cannondale Gemini DH siemens job and I was all like well Cedric rode it, obviously I'll be the tits on it as well, it didn't work out as planned.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Emerald Fork Testing

[video=youtube;ayeQtIIANq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayeQtIIANq4[/video]

heavyp

You heard it here first
Bit naughty of me but this will pop up on pinkbike in the next few days emerald test
p4pb10585503.jpgp4pb10588772.jpgp4pb10600471.jpgp4pb10600474.jpgp4pb10600495.jpgp4pb10600501.jpg