DW-Link bearing replacement

Hi

I am looking to service\replace the bearings on my 2010 pivot mach 5 (long overdue!). I can find instructions on how to remove the bearings but cant actually find anything about removing the dw-link from the pivot. It looks pretty straight forward but just want to see if anyone can share a process they follow to ensure I don't stuff anything up.

Pivot instructions

www.pivotcycles.com/up/file/dwlink-bearing-removal.pdf

Cheers

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I've taken out and reinstalled the bearings on my Pheonix and firebird (a few years ago) when I stipped the paint off.

It's really easy, just use the 10mm socked on the inside and gentle tap them out just moving around to all sides of the bearing as you go. It's literally as easy as it appears to be, just take you time and gentle with gentle taps.

Reinstalling I used a socket and a bench vise.

Thanks for the reply - I successfully cleaned up the bearings in the carbon rocker last night using the method you described. I was just wondering if the actual removal of the dw link (not the bearings) is a tricky process and if there are any tips (ie remove rear wheel, remove shock etc, remove chainrings etc)

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
You mean the actual linkage (lower) that is kind of recessed inside the frame and rear triangle?

If so, I took everything off you mentioned, I haven't done it on the Mach 5 but on a firebird it was a pretty tight fit in a jigsaw puzzle way.

From memory the bolts on the lower link are accessable from the non drive side, probably could leave the cranks/rings on, not sure if you'll need access on the drive side?

Got a chance to have a look tonight and needed to remove the big and middle chainrings. This was to access the direct mount screws on the front derailer. Once the front derailer was removed I had direct access to the dw link bolts. Didn't get a chance to check the bearings as yet but so far so good. Hopefully this will help someone else one day

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk