Dylan Cooper Interview

Squims

Likes Bikes
Dylan Cooper wouldn’t know me from a bar of soap, but I‘ve been passed by him a million times in local CORC, Scott 24 and Mont 24 races over the years. I did manage to school him once at the start of the Partyline section at Stromlo in the 2012 Scott – the fact he was fixing a flat at the time is beside the point.
Dylan’s manners, patience, humility and words of encouragement when he goes flying past plodders like me is first class – something other so-called “elite” riders could learn a lot from.
Hat's off to James for a great article and all the best to Dylan for a successful 2014 season.

Last edited:

MTB Pilot

Likes Dirt
I couldn't agree more! My first ever mountain bike event was the James Wiilliamson last year, and the elite riders were in two groups when they passed me. All of them said thanks as they passed me as I moved off the single track I was on to let them pass. I spoke to Dylan after the race and said how I was amazed they could thank me as they passed me while not sounding out of breath. I'd never met him before and didn't want to make him feel I was wasting his time, but he was very easy to talk to and I didn't feel he wasn't happy to talk with me at all. He made it clear he loves to see riders having a go and trying their best and has respect for those that do.

I've emailed him a couple of times since for advice and he's been awesome. He's not only a top bloke, but an awesome ambassador for the sport.

Loved the interview. Thanks for posting it

Steve