E-cigs and vapes etc

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hey guys, just getting it into vaping and e-cig stuff now, wondering if anyone on here has one too, any knowledge to drop on them etc?

Bought a Kangertech Subox Mini kit, it's great, haven't had a cigarette in 2 weeks today but after trying my brothers eleaf with an atlantis tank holy balls mine does not give any flavour compared yet reviews rate mine better. Swapped tanks over and it tasted shit on his mod and mine tasted great with his tank. Putting it down to the tank, tried the 0.5 ohm, 1.5 ohm and built an RBA at 0.5 ohm and none are giving the same results. Coils are fine, not tasting burnt just not tasting at all.

Will look at a new tank in next few days but would like one 22mm diametre to match the mod I'm running.

Talk shit about how you feel so tops about using vapes in here.

stirk

Burner
Good to hear you are trying to give up the cigs.

These ecigs and vapes are simply a substitute and at the end of the day you need to stop and that includes the action of having a smoke. People at work have been puffing away on them for well over a year if that is an indication of how well they help you to quit.

Cold turkey man, if I did you can too!

My advice don't try and make it taste good, do the opposite!

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Vapour in the lungs?
No idea if it's fact or fiction, but have a search and make your own mind up.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Good to hear you are trying to give up the cigs.

These ecigs and vapes are simply a substitute and at the end of the day you need to stop and that includes the action of having a smoke. People at work have been puffing away on them for well over a year if that is an indication of how well they help you to quit.

Cold turkey man, if I did you can too!

My advice don't try and make it taste good, do the opposite!
Cutting down the nicotine content by 50% this week after 2 weeks then the same till 0, can't see an interest in them after that.

Vapour in the lungs?
No idea if it's fact or fiction, but have a search and make your own mind up.
Too much argument for either side, can't really decide. End of the day, better than tar.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Cutting down the nicotine content by 50% this week after 2 weeks then the same till 0, can't see an interest in them after that.

Too much argument for either side, can't really decide. End of the day, better than tar.
In the end research shows success driver for giving up cigs is attitude and commitment to resolve.

Market alternatives can help some in the short term, but in the end it comes down to you.

Don't despair if a product doesn't go the distance for you.

Just accept it, regroup, and move on. And again if necessary.

More power to you.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Good luck kicking man.
But you should get an e-bike to go with your e-fag.

PS. I hate knobs who think they can vape anywhere because it's not a cigarette. Don't be a knob with it.
But seriously, good luck with it.

stirk

Burner
Good luck kicking man.
But you should get an e-bike to go with your e-fag.

PS. I hate knobs who think they can vape anywhere because it's not a cigarette. Don't be a knob with it.
But seriously, good luck with it.
Man, change your sig just for this thread yeah!

As red said its up to you and some methods just won't work and some will.

I was a long term Rollie man and I loved the taste and was mixing different blends to custom the flavour a bit like you are now.

In the end I started smoking ready rolled rubbish like Winnie blues and stuck with it, soon smoking tasted yuk with these foul things and I threw in the towel.

As I said earlier make the vape taste yuk, hopefully that will deter all smoking.

Disclaimer, love the old cigar every now and then when celebrating an event.

kouta666

Squid
Hey mate, I've been on ecigs for about 3 years now. Love em'. Ecigs are for smokers who like smoking but don't want to die :)
After switching to ecigs my fitness and lunge capacity increased. FYI Nicotine itself isn't going to kill you. It's like caffeine. Sure it's a drug but like anything, the key is moderation. I also found after quitting smoke, my taste buds came back and I no longer enjoyed the tobacco flavoured juices. There are plenty of nice ones out there.

Haters are gonna hate. Do what you enjoy.
Ps - There still hasn't been any proof that ecigs are bad for you. In fact it's legal to vape in many hospitals in Europe. That's saying something.

floody

Wheel size expert
The lamest thing I have seen in some months was some bloke vaping in the supermarket.

You can reduce, reduce, reduce but at some point you have to call it off and I don't see how getting enmeshed in a world of mods, tanks and juices is going to help matters in the slightest toward that end.

floody

Wheel size expert
If you have to ask why, you wouldn't understand.
You don't kick a habit by starting a new multifaceted habit. That is ridiculous. The majority issues in smoking cessation arise from triggers and learning and investing in a whole new set of triggers and attachments to try and overcome a different set is an absurd concept. What it is, is self delusion.

You either smoke or you don't smoke. You don't quit smoking by smoking something else, that's like reducing your beer intake by switching every other to gin.

Last edited:

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You either smoke or you don't smoke.
Well if you're not inhaling smoke then I guess you don't smoke. That's one of the main points about vaping, you don't burn anything or inhale any smoke.

I take your point that you're not kicking your nicotine(?) addiction, but that may not be the goal. Enjoying nicotine(?) without having to burn plant and chemical matter at 400 odd degrees and inhaling it all might be exactly what some people are chasing. With vaping you heat your nicotine(?) bearing substance to around 200 degrees or less, the active ingredients vaporise and you inhale a cooler vapor free of all the other substances that come with combustion. It's much closer to a pure nicotine(?) experience, and though no formal studies exist yet (AFAIK) it would logically have to be less unhealthy than smoking.

MARKL

Eats Squid
You can reduce, reduce, reduce but at some point you have to call it off and I don't see how getting enmeshed in a world of mods, tanks and juices is going to help matters in the slightest toward that end.
If you have to ask why, you wouldn't understand.
Floody is right, if your intention is to kick the habit then getting all fired up about custom mods etc is unlikely to help achieving that goal. Seems fairly obvious.

Whilst vaping is probably preferable to cigs don't kid yourself that nicotine only got a bad name because it was hanging around the other cancer causing crap in cigarettes, it is cancer causing causing addictive crap in it's own right.