e13 SRS + Reign =???

$h0rty

Likes Dirt
Okey Dokey, I want to run my e13 SRS on my 2006 Reign 3, I've looked at the e13 compatibility chart and it says its not possible, but we all know anything is possible with a bit of backyard hacking.

So to those who are running an e13 on a Reign (KoNa_dHer, Rik), how did you do it? Which bits did you hack?
I'm in a rush, and I've probably forgotten something stupidly important.....
Looks like I'm in for some fun!

Thanks,
Andrew.

Rik

logged out
To get an E13 DRS working took a shitload of work. Frame wasn't touched but I had to space the guide out from the bottom bracket by a few mm and remove a huge amount of metal from the back of the guide to clear the shock cage. I also had to take metal off near the roller to prevent the frame from bottoming on it.
The DRS touched the frame in a few places and without drastic metal removing it would've tried to tear itself out of the bottom bracket shell :eek: You'll need a dremel, a spare afternoon, an eye for detail and brain for logic, some patience and a few beers waiting in the fridge as your reward.

Foggy

Likes Dirt
Hey Ovadahill,

I also have a Blackspire Stinger that I haven't put on my Reign X1 yet. Can you tell me, does it stop the chain from fluttering when cruising over bumpy terrain? Secondly, does it cause excessive chain drag and reduce pedalling efficiency?
Also, I just looked at the E13 DRS. If you put a Blackspire Stinger on the factory RaceFace 2 ring/bashguard setup on the Reign X, it would appear to serve exactly the same purpose - bashguard and chain tensioner. Why then would you want to get an E13? - Mike.

$h0rty

Likes Dirt
I think I've got it sorted...
All I had to do was modify the ISCG adapter so that it butted up against the BB shell and cleared the lower link. I've taken the shock out and cycled the rear end and I can't see any problems. Unfortunately I don't have a rear wheel handy to actually get out and see how it rides, so that will come on the weekend, and most likely something super obvious that I've overlooked will rear its head.

Attachments