Earnest the Orange, now fun

safreek

OK, after hearing @moorey banging on about oranges for so long I decided to drop the bucks to get one. A patriot no less.
It came with some average parts so decided to polish (pissov) it with some fresher parts.
Got a good deal from @Minlak and got a complete drive train in 11 speed flavour. The whole show came apart because I did not have the cassette to suit the hub. I hate to say it but Mooney to the rescue again with a trade for a shimano cassette.

The wheels are the good old cole Aries carbon, never had carbon wheels so it's a new one for me.

Polished off with the 24 slack pedals and renthal bars.

One ride in, only 10km it was a hoot. Bugger me though they are small frames.

Attachments

safreek

Jesus Christ that's ugly.

But that's ok.
yes, yes it is. Probably the ugliest bike i have ever owned. Except a roadie
Is that good enough reason? really?
he is meant to be the orange whisperer
Large patriots are a tad ‘interesting’ looking.
no, plain ugly is fine. A large seems like a medium in the other bikes I've had
Are those rims actually made from carbon?
apparently it is a single directional carbon fibre, does not have the pretty uni directional fibre on top

creaky

XMAS Plumper
apparently it is a single directional carbon fibre, does not have the pretty uni directional fibre on top
Yeah, so UD weave. I recall they were super cheap weren’t they, but quoted as heavy so wondered if they were alloy rims with a carbon ‘wrap’ or similar?

safreek

Yeah, so UD weave. I recall they were super cheap weren’t they, but quoted as heavy so wondered if they were alloy rims with a carbon ‘wrap’ or similar?
The ones that were $170ish were the alu coated with carbon. I purchased the really expensive ones :D for $217 so were full carbon rim. They are old stock though. Rated pretty well by Richie Cunningham though. Not sure if he sold out or not though

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The ones that were $170ish were the alu coated with carbon. I purchased the really expensive ones :D for $217 so were full carbon rim. They are old stock though. Rated pretty well by Richie Cunningham though. Not sure if he sold out or not though
Yeah but Potsie didn't rate them at all.

safreek

But honestly this bike rocks, before the upgrades it was just a piece of metal with wheels.
Now 11 speed but it seems overkill, barely use the last couple cogs each end.
The wheels are great, the first newies I have in ages, they certainly build up speed quickly compared to others I have had.
I actually fucked around with rebound and made it much more fun. No longer bouncing, would love a coil for it.
Changing the name of the thread because it's no longer a turd in my mind, it's such fun.
They get air so easy compared to my other bikes