Earning an overnight stay at Geelong Hospital, care of Turbulence - You Yangs

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
How did you get to the hospital? Friends drove you?
Nah, my first memory of the crash is being loaded into the ambulance on a spine board.

No idea how I got from where I crashed to the ambulance though.

I was told I was found by another rider wandering around off with the fairies but really have no idea. Wish I didn't switch the camera off (automatic reflex lol) as I would love to know what happened next....

On the plus side though the knock to the head was so severe I didn't have any pain until several hours later (refused any painkillers)

Makes me feel sick watching the footage by the way I swing my head around erratically - can tell I'm completely out of it / zombielike or I'd be swearing my ass off

Last edited:

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
Yep, the old glory's can take an absolute beating & keep going that's for sure, good to see you were not seriously hurt though bud.

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
wait until you break a ti fork spring & punch a 7metre gap, nearly ends real bad........... nosepick to harsh 50/50 landing is sweeter than honey, anyday of the week. lol.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nerdbox,

That video is scary to watch as you know what is coming but nothing prepared me for the actual crash part. Even scarier to see you rolling around on the ground like that. Great to hear you are recovering. Hope you are back out riding soon.

Hornet50

Likes Bikes
Woah! Man I sat here with some work mates watching that... We all knew it was coming, but all cringed as it unfolded. The noise is enough to give ya goosebumps!! Glad no major injuries mate, all the best for a full recovery!

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That was very impressive. Glad to see you still in one piece.
Did something similar recently when I clipped a tree unexpectedly and got spat backwards into a rock. Very similar impact only on my hip. Pain was instantaneous but. Thought I had broke my hip. Tried to sit up and couldn't initially, but after a few minutes got up and had to ride 6kms to get out.

No broken bones but tore a vein and bled internally for 2 days which made for some very impressive bruising :)

Makes me think we are very lucky to walk away, when you stop to consider the possibilities...

poita

Likes Dirt
That was heavy. I bet that footage helped, if you showed me that when you got wheeled in I would have given you a high five!