East Coast MTB Road Trip

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
I've recently driven up from Victoria to North Queensland and decided to break the 3300km trip up with a few MTB rides. There are so many great MTB destinations along the East coast of Australia it was tricky to choose, but I was tight on time so planned the trip around being able to ride first thing in the morning, drive all day, ride late in the afternoon etc.

It's been a lot of fun to ride at new places, and my Ibis Mojo HDR 650b has been running like a dream! Here's a few pics below, and links to stories on each location.

Glenrock MTB Trails Newcastle, NSW

Jacks Ridge MTB Trail Nambucca Heads, NSW

Mt Joyce MTB Trails, Queensland

Daisy Hill MTB Trails Queensland, Queensland

Gap Creek MTB Trails Mt Cootha, Queensland

Bunyaville MTB Trails Brisbane, Queensland

Douglas MTB Trails Townsville, Queensland

Under the Radar MTB Trail Pallarenda Townsville, Queensland

[URL="http://digitalhippie.net/ibis-mojo-hdr/atherton-mtb-trails-mt-baldy-queensland/"]Mt Baldy MTB Trails, Atherton Queensland

The Bump Track, Mowbray Queensland

[/url]Not sure what the plan is for the trip back to Victoria. Would be great to check out a few more places but will just have to wait and see what fits in.

Bump Track, Mowbray
bump-track-mtb-trail-mowbray-port-douglas-cairns-robbins-creek-crossing.jpg

Mt Baldy, Atherton
atherton-mtb-mountain-bike-trails-trail-7-bandy-bandy.jpg

Jacks Ridge, Nambucca
jacks-ridge-mt-trail-nambucca-heads-grid-610.jpg

Gap Creek, Brisbane
gap-creek-mt-cootha-mtb-trails-wooden-features.jpg

Douglas, Townsville
douglas-mtb-trails-mt-stuart-townsville-scenic-610.jpg

Douglas, Townsville
douglas-mtb-trails-mt-stuart-townsville-single-track-view.jpg

Pallarenda, Townsville
under-the-radar-cape-pallarenda-mountain-bike-track-ocean-views-square.jpg

Last edited:

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Nice one and great pics.
You make Townsville look good - hard work that!
hehe it's like a Sydney vs Melbourne thing you guys have got going :)

seriously though super impressed with the riding on offer around Townsville. Great views, fun trails and heaps more to check out yet.

Looking forward to getting up to Cairns and Atherton too.

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
Had a great weekend road trip checking out Atherton, the Bump Track and Smithfield. Have added them to the original post.

Tigger75

Likes Bikes
Im inspired thanks heaps for the info I am heading up the east coast but only as far as coffs harbor and grafton but from your stories I will definatey have to drop into nambucca heads jacks ridge the trails look awesome on the you tube vids I have found. Keep up the adventure. And might see you on the tails some where. If your ever passing thru Nowra call in we have some sweet single track you should check out.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a great weekend road trip checking out Atherton, the Bump Track and Smithfield. Have added them to the original post.
When i read in your text that rode up the Bump I was going to lose my shit!!

Thank goodness you had to push. you must be human after all :)

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Currently on family holidays in Foster have been convinced by my young bloke to take him to taree and hit up kirrwark tomorrow - from all reports should be awesome

digitalhippie

Likes Dirt
When i read in your text that rode up the Bump I was going to lose my shit!!

Thank goodness you had to push. you must be human after all :)
haha mate it's just the blue cordial, climb anything on that shit! :bowl:

I'm actually still pretty sore from eating it on the bottom of Ricochet late last Sat... man I'd love to shuttle that run over and over and get to know it better, or stay up that way for a bit longer to squeeze in a few more runs.