eBay copy of the pinarello prince?

dj_14

Likes Dirt
hey guys,

im all new to the road part of riding. and i wanted to know your thoughts on these frames that seem to come up alot of ebay.

I've looked at the Pinarello Prince and the geo and the aero design are almost the same as the 'ebay copy' i was wondering if anyone has had one of these and what your thoughts are on them.

sticker kit is also available. so really you can make a prince at the fraction of the prince price.

pictured as below

Attachments

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Funny, I was looking at these exact frames on ebay this morning.
Also, there are some 'HASA' brand (no graphics) MTB carbon hardtails on there that look OK too... Hmmmmm

Too good to be true?

I too am curios too find out more.

Last edited:

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
so really you can make a prince at the fraction of the prince price.
No matter how good it looks in the picture, it's not a Pinarello. There's a reason Pinarello's cost what they do - no one would produce a frame with the same quality for a fraction of the price. Personally, without having ridden it, i'd say you'd have to be pretty silly to not spend your money on something else, no matter how bad you want a Prince.

dj_14

Likes Dirt
No matter how good it looks in the picture, it's not a Pinarello. There's a reason Pinarello's cost what they do - no one would produce a frame with the same quality for a fraction of the price. Personally, without having ridden it, i'd say you'd have to be pretty silly to not spend your money on something else, no matter how bad you want a Prince.
both are made in taiwan, basic in the same street. just like every bike out there. and most things made in other countries. i have a feeling that it might come down to a different material (12k instead of 3k carbon or something like that) and a logo. that adds 3000 to the price. just like nike's 50 cent to make a shoe..........

rone

Eats Squid
To be truly ironic, you should paint it up as a Chinarello. I'm going onto ebay to get me a Chintense 951 and a Chindependant Fabrications 29er SS.:)

alexb618

Likes Dirt
i have been riding a no name $450 chinese frame for 2 or 3 months

rides better than my $3000 'italian' carbon frame

dj_14

Likes Dirt
direct from factory, but they make all the same stuff you see on ebay
hey mate,

which store did you get yours from? and what 'model' did u get?

the more i read about them on different sites the more i want one!

sticker kit attached for above frame extra 45 bucks. and you have ur own pinarello prince.

Attachments

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been looking at these for awhile. Am waiting for this to come in in a 56 mould. If anyone has seen it anywhere in a 56 any chance of a pm?

Everyone seems to be allover the fm015 though.

Shit me there are some guys in that rbr thread that I could push off their bikes.

dj_14

Likes Dirt
Been looking at these for awhile. Am waiting for this to come in in a 56 mould. If anyone has seen it anywhere in a 56 any chance of a pm?

Everyone seems to be allover the fm015 though.

Shit me there are some guys in that rbr thread that I could push off their bikes.

that one looks quite nice too, im really keen to try one out. and have a sticker kit and see if anyone can tell the difference. might be a project that you see soon on here :)

Jennetti

Likes Bikes
hi. Look i have been searching for frames to build and also saw this. I have heard they are pretty nice quality and good bang for ur buck. But my reason for not building or buying no name frames is the issue of warranty. If you were to pay more for say specialized, it is a lifetime warranty for damaged frames and forks. I would be worried about buying the no name because i know people who crack carbon frames all the time and not from just crashing. Hope this helps :)

dj_14

Likes Dirt
hi. Look i have been searching for frames to build and also saw this. I have heard they are pretty nice quality and good bang for ur buck. But my reason for not building or buying no name frames is the issue of warranty. If you were to pay more for say specialized, it is a lifetime warranty for damaged frames and forks. I would be worried about buying the no name because i know people who crack carbon frames all the time and not from just crashing. Hope this helps :)
considering the price of the frames, you have self insurance. you can buy almost 10 frames for the price of one real pinarello. for a starting bike in road cant go wrong really. after working in a bike shop for 2 years i maybe saw a handful of frames come back, and in that handful a few carbon and they were mostly faulty. i know you can send the frames back if they are faulty with no big deal but it isnt the LBS.

Mr Green

Likes Dirt
My specialized tarmac develped cracks around the chainstay/bb junction and toptube/seat tube junction after a couple of years. I took it back to the dealer for a warranty claim given the specialized have a lifetime on frames. My claim was rejected because they said the cracks were just in the paint and that the paint was not part of the frame!

I now insure my bikes with Cyclecover Gold rather than bank on a shop or manufacturer warranty. If I bought a no name blank from China and it broke (racing, riding or just reversed over in the car) I could claim it on that insurance policy.

alexb618

Likes Dirt
i want a different coloured frame so i am thinking of selling mine and buying another one

works out cheaper than having mine painted again

got a fm015 isp 55cm painted white if anyone is interested