Ebay Scammers

.dan.

Likes Dirt
Has anyone else noticed an increase in the amount of scammers on Ebay recently? I put up one of my guitars for sale just yesterday, and in just under 24 hrs i've already had four different scammers contact me via email. I don't think i've sold something on Ebay since last year, but i've never had this many scammers trying to dupe me in such a small space of time before. Luckily I can usually tell it's a scammer after reading the first few sentences of their email, but for those who don't do as much buying and selling online as I do, make sure to be careful out there folks.

StuartO

Likes Bikes
I am Nigerian prince working on oil rig. What are your bank details and password? I pay you monies, you send guitar
Surely a prince is trustworthy.....oh the poor prince has to work on an oil rig and is unable to contact me by phone. That poor guy.
Here you go. Have my bank details.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have had two small hiccups in the last month. First was a message 'apparently' from paypal, asking me to update my details or they were going to suspend my account. They said I had 14 days to do it. I didn't respond, the 14 days went by and 'nothing happened'...Dodgey!! The 2nd event was when we sold our youngest sons Bmx bike (he had grown out of).. We weren't asking that much for it so I said local sale cash on pick up only. I checked my eBay in the morning b4 going to work and someone from fricken Russia had purchased the bike. WTF . I got cranky a sent a message to eBay telling them to wake up. It does seem to be happening more frequently. Fucken technology - We all use it, but beware of the SHARKS. :mad2::suspicious::evil:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Ebay is becoming as much of a pos than gumtree for selling. I only ever use it to buy random small things that would usually trigger shipping costs (bolts, adaptors etc.)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I have had two small hiccups in the last month. First was a message 'apparently' from paypal, asking me to update my details or they were going to suspend my account. They said I had 14 days to do it. I didn't respond, the 14 days went by and 'nothing happened'...Dodgey!! The 2nd event was when we sold our youngest sons Bmx bike (he had grown out of).. We weren't asking that much for it so I said local sale cash on pick up only. I checked my eBay in the morning b4 going to work and someone from fricken Russia had purchased the bike. WTF . I got cranky a sent a message to eBay telling them to wake up. It does seem to be happening more frequently. Fucken technology - We all use it, but beware of the SHARKS. :mad2::suspicious::evil:
How much did it cost you to send it to Russia? Does Putin like his new bike?

.dan.

Likes Dirt
I have had two small hiccups in the last month. First was a message 'apparently' from paypal, asking me to update my details or they were going to suspend my account. They said I had 14 days to do it. I didn't respond, the 14 days went by and 'nothing happened'...Dodgey!!
That's a new one! Unfortunately sometimes you come across one that is more crafty and convincing than the rest. I have been having a bit of a laugh with one of the scammers though. Giving him very obvious false details, which he fell for. Now the fucker thinks he's actually duped me into his deal and has become clingy. Sends me emails asking why I don't reply to him anymore.

Aliexpress is great for the cheaper, commodity like goods.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out.