Ebenezer (Dougies 4X) - Feedback

barnesy

Likes Dirt
I've attached a draft of Dougies 4X track (private track). We are getting the last of the dirt there (lot's of it) and it should soon progress. I would like more feedback on the draft design at this stage (needs, wants, death threats.. ). Please do not be shy... I really don't care if you have never picked up a shovel, you may have the best design in the world for a first corner crammed in your head that came to you during a bout of food poisoning !
terms I have used in design :
- shelf berm (similar to last corner Homebush, outside line higher than the inside )
- side by side straight (transfers all the way down).
Like I said, this is a draft... bring on the suggestions. You can think it we can build it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Emptey

Likes Bikes
Good drawing to say the least, you could perhaps take some photos of the landscape you are going to build it on aswell to get furthur ideas from people here. Looks pretty long.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Yea it's looking good barnsey. Very mtb, hope you guy's will be able to keep it that way to give us the upper hand. Gonna be having any day's to help out?

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
It looks good from the plan.

I'd really like to see a whoop/rhythm section like castle hill bmx, where you can jump or manual it- the one at homebush is a joke.

Will it be dirt or that fine gravel ?

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you take the outside line on the first turn you will be moving pretty quick......then huck to flat off the jump in the 2nd straight. what is the plan there?

BOBCATZZ

Banned
Thanx4lookin

Daver said:
It looks good from the plan.

I'd really like to see a whoop/rhythm section like castle hill bmx, where you can jump or manual it- the one at homebush is a joke.

Will it be dirt or that fine gravel ?
To answer your question on the surface material daver it looks to of the heinz variety (55 ) as the dirt is coming from about 8 differant sites "n" because its private land it wont't be surfaced in the finer gravel (aka homebush)

BOBCATZZ

Banned
fatnold said:
if you take the outside line on the first turn you will be moving pretty quick......then huck to flat off the jump in the 2nd straight. what is the plan there?
Dodgey upload .
The second corner is a flat corner no burm .

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Ebenezer 4X track

There is no burm on purpose BMX has burm on every corner, 4X riders can corner with out burms, thus no burm.

Refer to the post on by Robb in News for when the track will be used.

Octane_Matty

Likes Dirt
fatnold said:
good point there fatnold..

how about the second corner being off camber...sounds kinda crazy but its a challenge :p

looks like a wicked track either way but make sure the starting ramp is nice and steep

good luck with the building

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fatnold said:
same with the last corner, if you have the speed to take the tripple which puts you on the inside line for the last corner, you'll end up hucking to flat or even into the crowd.

Speedy

Likes Dirt
TS153 said:
why a steep start hill thats why the gears are there, right?
Look at Black Hill and its great for racing both to race and to watch it makes the whole course faster and you gt to use higher gears then lol. I can't really contribute much to the design it looks great, I like the idea of the off camber 1st corner though, makes it more mountain like. How high are the average jumps/rhythems going to be?

BOBCATZZ

Banned
Speedy said:
Look at Black Hill and its great for racing both to race and to watch it makes the whole course faster and you gt to use higher gears then lol. I can't really contribute much to the design it looks great, I like the idea of the off camber 1st corner though, makes it more mountain like. How high are the average jumps/rhythems going to be?
Thanks for giving a look and any feed back is all ways tops.
The slope of the land is not as much as black hill so the gearing you will select will not be the same so it is essential that when designing and building we get good flow from down ramps wether they are jumped or pumped (thus the secret to speed).
Average hights of jumps will be in the 1.2 to 2m range with the third straight to contain 3 sx style doubles (must jumps very deep centres) about 2.2 to 2.5 high on one side with plenty of transfers.Similar to how we built the 4th straight at hombush heaps of different lines but way crazier so wether you are a dirt jumper /racer/down hiller/or just doin it for fun you have heaps of options to get around the track at your own strengths.
All multi corners are a line chioce not cross overs to curb t-bones.
Hope i have answered some questions still need a bit more dirt but barnsy and myself are on it.As soon as the action starts well post some pics .
THANKS

barnesy

Likes Dirt
Thanks folks

Got some real good feedback from the farkin crew (by posts and email). I am sure we can't please everyone but getting feedback like we have goes a long way to getting it a bit closer.
From feedback :
Flat or off camber corners - well received
steep start - well received
lots of options - well received
surface not groomed like a BMX track - well received
first corner setup on draft - queried ( I agree as I'm not happy with it either)

Thanks again
When we start to get it shaped everyone will see pics.