Ebike Max Weight

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Max weight including rider is as low as 120kgs on some bikes I have been looking at, WTF!
I was sold the dream that I could get fat and fly up hills and bomb down hills eating endless cakes, pies and beers along the way.
How critical is this and is any one pushing well past the weight limit?
I am 110kg before I even look at a bike.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Ignore it. It's some rubbish deep in the depths of a warranty agreement that you don't get given that voids the warranty on a spoke nipple if you break it riding an off road bicycle on an off road bicycle track.
If you're a big bopper and you're blowing the travel on your bike then you'd up the air pressure or replace the coil then you'd just manage what is underneath you.

Last weekend I watched a relatively light Gentleman sorta kinda case a jump on an ebike. The battery is one of those clip on jobs. The bike flexed that much that the battery was a missile flying off the bike coming to rest in some nearby wet slushy grass. The lesson I took from this demonstration was don't pretend your ebike is a downhill bike, it isn't. Ride it accordingly. ;)

slowmick

38-39"
If it anythign like e-scooters it will be a strength consideration but also a power consideration. The more you way the more power required to get you up the hill the more wear on everything.

I am heavy enough that my sisters Segway e-scooter won't go up more than a very gentle incline.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Boo sir, boo I say!!! If I've learnt nothing else watching people ride ebikes is that having the right bike for the occasion is not a factor for ebikes, having minimum 170mm travel on rails trails is the way!!

My wife only does rails trails and green trails with her 170mm ebike so I know
I think that's the story for all MTB.

Tricky white text too. ;)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Max weight including rider is as low as 120kgs on some bikes I have been looking at, WTF!
I was sold the dream that I could get fat and fly up hills and bomb down hills eating endless cakes, pies and beers along the way.
How critical is this and is any one pushing well past the weight limit?
I am 110kg before I even look at a bike.
You'll find that even some normal MTBs have a max weight.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll find that even some normal MTBs have a max weight.
That explains why I have cracked 2 frames and normall kill the hubs on the stock wheels. I have been lucky with warranties over the years.

I think I will take Dozers advice and Ignore it. I was going to quit riding if I needed to diet to get on an ebike.

I dint think I am ready for a 180mm travel rig as I still like riding my hard tail so I can still feel the trail when riding. 150mm travel is more then enough for me.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
My Fuel EXe has a max weight of 136kg for bike rider, and gear. Given the website says the bike weighs 20kg in a Medium, that puts everything else at 116kg.
I reckon I'd be close to that geared up, or was a few months ago as I tend to carry 3L water.

Interestingly, when you set-up the bike through the Trek app, the max weight they let you select for setting tyre and shock pressures is 110kg (unless they've updated since), which would make set-up tricky for heavier riders