Echo Control short 26" assembly problems!

SpeedRush

Likes Bikes
Just got my echo control short 26", having alot of trouble with the rear and front rims, they dont seem to fit into the frame of the bike.
The hub axles wont fit into the frame slot on the back, one side goes halfway in the slot so the tire is stuck up against the frame, and for the front one side goes in, but the other side of the fork the hole is not big enough. Is this a normal occurance or im just unlucky to get a dodgy frame?

Can anyone give me some suggestions please?

Ive heard that people have used sand paper to fix these sorts of problems, i think the front might be possible. As for the back, i dont want to touch that, it looks like its gona be a hell of alot of sanding.

Thanks

Last edited:

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should fit in no problem, are you using standard 10mm QR axles? Try flexing the stays apart a bit to get the rear wheel in. It may have been damaged in transit, was the frame in a box when you got it?

Can you post a picture?

SpeedRush

Likes Bikes
Im not sure if there 10mm QR axles. Yes the bike came in a box, but it doesnt appear to be damaged. I have flexed the main stays apart and managed to get it halfway, but i cant see how its gona go in any further, it just doesnt look right. Also there are spacers that sit on the axle, and there is no way that will fit with the spacers on. Just getting pictures now, they wont be the best, using my phone, 2mp. uploading to photobucket.

SpeedRush

Likes Bikes
Last edited:

disappearin

Likes Dirt
id try spacing the sprocket or getting a narrower b/bracket so you get a better chain line(if possible). i much prefer a dual wheel tensioner over the single as you can get more tension on the chain, only downside is its easier to damage. that said ive used the exact tensioner you have before on my trials bike and had no dramas, it did slap around abit though.
heres a pic of my prefered tensioner

Last edited:

SpeedRush

Likes Bikes
Also is the chain tensioner supposed to have some free play in it? cause ive just tightened it so that its locked, and it seems to work fine, but is that how its supposed to be?When i first got it, it would move up towards the frame and hit it when i pedal hard or pedal kick.

SpeedRush

Likes Bikes
Its cool, fixed the problem. Had to remove some chain links to make the chain shorter, problem solved. Took it to bikeculture in Menai and they helped me out.

Thanks all for the feedback.

stocktrials

Likes Dirt
hey man whereabouts are you exactly?

jda and myself are pretty close to bikeculture. infact you may even see him there often. I'm about 15 mins away.. and another dude Neil has just got his bike fixed and lives in Kirrawee.

SpeedRush

Likes Bikes
Oh ok, yeah im from the bankstown area, about 15mins drive away, i was there a couple days ago, justin was there and he had a go on my bike, far out his good, heck even Jon the shop owner had a go, he likes it, and was surprised at the price i got it for, hes very good as well, biggest bike nut ive ever met lol.
Where do you guys usually ride? Im still a newbie so i kinda ride undercover lol, usually where there aint many people around, because this bike sure turns heads :eek:

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Locally we ride at Oatley Park or down at Cronulla and sometimes out at Menai where there is some good natural terrain.
Most times we have group rides on the weekends around the coast, places like Gordon's bay, La Perouse and Little bay. We also ride Wednesday nights in the city if the weather is good.

Yeah you should ride with other people, you will pick up a lot more skills much quicker, we have beginners riding with us most of the time.

SpeedRush

Likes Bikes
how often you ride at oatley park, i suppose if i get the chance i could come to oatley station and make my way there.

gbowen444

Likes Dirt
Yeah, another control owner! Now I won't be the only one....

Look forward to seeing you out riding. You should come on a Wednesday night ride in the city too...

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how often you ride at oatley park, i suppose if i get the chance i could come to oatley station and make my way there.
Its random really, we ride there when no one else wants to ride because its good and local.

Povi

Likes Dirt
definitely try to get to the wed night city rides. no one seems to be going often anymore because its really freakin cold and the APEC thing means cops are everywhere, but after that, everyone will be riding again

SpeedRush

Likes Bikes
yeah, i would like to come, soon as my knee gets better ill let you guys now when ill be free. Will be good to see some veterans showing off there skills. Has the park got a good mix, beginner stuff as well?