eep

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
that doesnt look that bad, most of the over seas inter events have something huge like that

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HAHAH imagine a whole course of those sized jumps! it would kinda be like down hill domination tracks.

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
shauno said:
HAHAH imagine a whole course of those sized jumps! it would kinda be like down hill domination tracks.
Thats called DH BMX

it looks farking massive though! id hate to case or overshoot! :shock:

mtb_man

Likes Dirt
the crazy thing is that he's doing it on his 4x gemini w/ lefty...
most other guys would require a full on dh rig

the guy's got serious skills, and he's also slightly nuts. :?

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Socket said:
shauno said:
WHOA! cedric never got that jump did he?
He was the only one clearing it...
i'm pretty sure everyone in the final was doing it- lopes was, so was carter, bootes and cedric. In the final though, remember Bootes, carter and cedric took each other out in the 4th straight, leaving lopes to win by some massive margin.

Dane

Likes Dirt
mtb_man said:

i'm sure full rigid bmx'ers would have a go at it.

mtb_man

Likes Dirt
iLikeBasS said:
mtb_man said:

i'm sure full rigid bmx'ers would have a go at it.
they're welcome to it...
some of those downhill BMX races look pretty crazy, though without seeing the course in the flesh (ahh soil), i can't say whether they're nuts or just crazy photos...

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Man, seen the gaps that they pull in the crusty 9 lives tours... FS MX is absolutly insane

Ty

Eats Squid
live_to_ride said:
shauno said:
Thats called DH BMX

it looks farking massive though! id hate to case or overshoot! :shock:
it's called 4x.

DOM

Eats Squid
Daver said:
Socket said:
shauno said:
WHOA! cedric never got that jump did he?
He was the only one clearing it...
i'm pretty sure everyone in the final was doing it- lopes was, so was carter, bootes and cedric. In the final though, remember Bootes, carter and cedric took each other out in the 4th straight, leaving lopes to win by some massive margin.
I think youll find .. the original Gap you see there was modified for the actual event. Although Jared would know as he was there for this one i think.

But if i can remember correctly cedric had a few cracks at it .. but they changed it. Alot of pro's would hit that gap .. but the run up to it was dodey i beleive.

S.

ex offender
DOM said:
I think youll find .. the original Gap you see there was modified for the actual event. Although Jared would know as he was there for this one i think.

But if i can remember correctly cedric had a few cracks at it .. but they changed it. Alot of pro's would hit that gap .. but the run up to it was dodey i beleive.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Cedric was the only person who was actually CLEARING the original gap (seen sprung 5 - case-o-rama?).

Archi

Likes Dirt
mtb_man said:
they're welcome to it...
some of those downhill BMX races look pretty crazy, though without seeing the course in the flesh (ahh soil), i can't say whether they're nuts or just crazy photos...
there was a pretty big double in the final of the x-games downhill bmx last year.not as big as that, but some bmxr's do crazy shit.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Socket said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Cedric was the only person who was actually CLEARING the original gap (seen sprung 5 - case-o-rama?).
sprung 5 has the 01 Sea Otter, which gracia was the only rider pullin x-ups and suicides whilst many others were barely making it (i beleive rennie cracked his yeti there). If you see the rest of the footage, Anne Caroline Chausson takes the bull by the horns and becomes the only female rider to clear it. She was dissappointed that she didn't get to race it though. The picture is of the 02 sea otter track...