Electric Downhiller! Kinda cool I thought!

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
We have a hard enough time convincing greenies we're not motor bikes as it is, with out blasting past them on one of these.

And remember under Aussie law anything over 200w is deemed a motorbike and needs to be registered and insured.

sub 200w pedal assisted bikes are exempt

BM Epic

Eats Squid
We have a hard enough time convincing greenies we're not motor bikes as it is, with out blasting past them on one of these.

And remember under Aussie law anything over 200w is deemed a motorbike and needs to be registered and insured.

That is a massive good point Craig, the assumption that mtb are moto's, so many people associate us with them!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Isn't it the track that KTM built specifically for this bike?
His point still stands but. Portrays it as destructive either way.
Anyways. It's a pretty unexciting uninspirational vid IMO anyway. Would love to have a blat on one though.

Last edited:

thelankyman

Likes Dirt

I also beleive that the engine needs to cut our at 25km/hr! If it doesnt then it is a motor bike and needs to be registered so cant be used in on MTB specific trails.

I have seen one around Melbourne. The guy just uses it to commute on. Well it doesnt look dirty enough to be used off-road