Elixer lever body on a Code caliper?

T-Rex

Template denier
I'm building up a bike out of the spare parts bin, and have found a Code approx 2013 model with a stuffed lever body, and a good Elixer complete.

Have any of you 'Burners ever put an Elixer lever on a Code Caliper?

I guess the main issue will be longer lever take up, assuming the Elixer has a smaller bore diameter than the Code lever.

T-Rex

Template denier
After a google search it would appear a few people have done this without any problems
Thanks, genius.

Ducky, Joel, have you guys actually done this?

Moorey, you love Avids, surely you have tried this combo on your massive fleet at some point?.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, it'll work.
I'd recommend using a fresh olive though, the tolerances of the bores are usually out meaning reused olives allow leaks.

T-Rex

Template denier
It works

Elixer lever body on Code caliper works fine, a little spongy but that might have been as a result of my hasty bleed.

G.B

Squid
I tested this out a few months ago. Got my hands on a cheap set of codes and ran the calipers with elixer 9 levers.

Worked an absolute treat!!! Lever pull feels really nice and controlled with same modulation but a bit more oomph.

Bought a new rig (2nd hand) about a month ago and after running the xo trails for a few weeks I swapped them out for my elixode combo-felt they worked much better and with far less noise than the trails. Just take your time giving them a thorough bleed and you should be fine.