Emergency vehicles using motorways...

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
If a police car stops in a no stopping zone will a parking inspector come along and fine him?

I stay up at night thinking about this very question...
I work in the same building as WA Police HR/OHS/Travel/few other admin type departments, so the streets around here are always peppered with unmarked police cars.. They have a little laminated sheet they stick on the dash saying that it is a WA Police operational vehicle (or something to that effect) and are exempt from the parking infringements etc etc.. They are literally just a little laminated piece of yellow, green or orange paper ... I often think I should make my own lol

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Considering its basically government funded anyway, I dont see why the government would pay itself...
...somebody doesn't understand government. Without all the circular payments going from bucket to bucket to bucket, what would the bureaucrats do all day? One must rob Peter to pay John.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
...somebody doesn't understand government. Without all the circular payments going from bucket to bucket to bucket, what would the bureaucrats do all day? One must rob Peter to pay John.
Even big business is the same. I work at a car dealership and every department charges every other department. Again it's just numbers being tipped from one bucket to another bucket even though it all comes from the same bucket.

But yeah emergency vehicles all have e-tags and can park wherever the hell they want.
Doesn't always work out the best though.
http://youtu.be/zYhUcHN7cJ0

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I once saw a car full of coppers rear end an old lady on Norton St in Leichardt. They leapt out of the car and went ape shit. In no time at all there was 3 police cars and about 8 officers of the law on site giving gran a heavy dress down. I was surprised they didn't tazer her, just to be sure.

wombat

Lives in a hole
If a police car stops in a no stopping zone will a parking inspector come along and fine him?

I stay up at night thinking about this very question...
During the last bushfire situation around here one of the local parking inspectors ticketed an rfs truck that had stopped in a taxi space to pick up supplies for other crews from a volunteer group.
That guy is a first class twat though.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
During the last bushfire situation around here one of the local parking inspectors ticketed an rfs truck that had stopped in a taxi space to pick up supplies for other crews from a volunteer group.
I'm pretty sure they would get off the ticket if they wrote in to explain & contest ticket. Extremely bad PR for council.

Local councils use parking infringements as cash flow. if parking inspectors don't generate enough tickets, they get replaced.

An infringement notice is only an allegation that something took place. You don't have to agree with the council officer's version of events.
If no property damage or personal injury occurred and no-one's right to travel was impeded, then do you actually owe the council money?

Here is an example of a parking ticket from City of Melbourne. It is clearly printed on the ticket that it is an allegation. An allegation is not a statement of fact, it is only an assertion.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eOXT9dNOIgs/U9Y4zpA08cI/AAAAAAAABM8/9djUaKJIR3c/s1600/ParkingTicket-Front.png
This link may be of interest to anyone 'fined' by a private car park operator
http://consumeraction.org.au/private-car-parking-fines/

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Some people have no idea. If I actually saw that happening I would have gotten into an argument with the idiot. No one should fuck with the RFS and get away with it.

gregb

Likes Dirt
Better hope he doesn't live in a bushfire prone area...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Some people have no idea. If I actually saw that happening I would have gotten into an argument with the idiot. No one should fuck with the RFS and get away with it.
Don't worry, plenty did. This was at the peak of a major emergency situation, and plenty of the people who saw him do it would have been in fear of being affected by the fires. Needless to say plenty spoke up, and when he insisted on giving the ticket the local rag ran a big story on it straight away. I dare say the brigade never even had to write a letter.