Emigrated POM to Brisbane!! (With Pics)

Hi all,

Glad I found a decent and active MTB forum! Was starting to get worried it was a very small scene out here!

I'm a road cyclist (boo, hiss), but in the past have gone through a phase of BMX (4 years), then DH MTB (4 years) and finally road after moving to Central London where I lived for 3 1/2 years before emigrating to Brisbane!!

This is my current stead, a 2014 BMC Team Machine SLR02 which I brought out with me on the plane! Who needs clothes anyway!

(Top of Mt Tamborine)

And my hardtail i've just picked up out here (@Gap Creek after having done Pipeline and Death Adder):

Been out of the MTB scene for a good 8 years so looking at the modern bikes is very interesting to see the developments!!

After being up Gap Creek, I've definately found I want an full susser with around 4" Fr and Rr, I like to push hard and thats due to my DH days! Here are a few of my previous rigs, we had surprisingly great DH tracks in the South West of the UK (Cornwall/Devon)

BMX:

My DH Rigs, all considered ancient by todays standards! Orange Patriot and 222

Specialized Big Hit:

Giant DH Team: (who puts a linkage below the BB, smashed it to pieces a few times!)

Demo 8:

Commencal Meta:

So there we have it!

moorey

call me Mia
My DH Rigs, all considered ancient by todays standards! Orange Patriot and 222
You fucking WOT?

I still have an 01 222, an 02 patriot that was recently preserved for posterity, and I ride a Five as my main bike. We're full, if you're going to take that attitude.

ps, could tell you're a Pom by the pebble mix walls, and washer/dryer in kitchen. Freaks.

Last edited:
Well not haven't a full susser didn't last long, picked this up tonight locally for a song. Very happy with it although rear lever blade is snapped so need to pick up a rear brake and upper shock bushings have 1mm or so play so want to get that sorted. Apart from that very happy indeed!

Don't worry, all my bikes live in my apartment with me, the missis doesn't mind! (Luckily)

Picked up some Avid Code R's locally so these are now fitted. :)

Before I go an buy one, does anyone in the Brisbane area have a bushing removal and install device, really want to sort the top bush before using the bike.