enduro of reign

A.France

Likes Bikes
hi
the time has come to sell my DH bike and get an AM bike and i am tossing up between the reign X1 and Enduro comp and i am looking for opinions on the bikes

brad353

Likes Dirt
if you're coming off a downhill bike and still want something for regular downhill runs, i'd go the reign x. i would compare the enduro closer to the standard reign than the reign x. having said that i own a standard reign1 and it handles both downhill and xc fine as i'm sure the enduro would to. i'd say the reign x is a little more heavy duty which isn't a bad thing.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I would have thought the X was a bit beyond the enduro, and that bike for bike you would compare a std reign with an enduro?

Most likely difference will be BB height i would have thought with the giant having more clearance, but obviously the lower BB gets you better flow type handling (well thats what I'd call lower set bikes anyway!)

floody

Wheel size expert
My money says Enduro will cost more, have a lesser spec, but eat the Reign alive when it comes to ability. Thats not to say the Reign is bad, its a great bike, thats saying the Enduro is a phenomenal chassis.

cram, same factory =/= same design, same quality, same ability, not by any stretch.

I would go with whatever fits your budget and feels better when you ride it.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode the Enduro Comp at Buller over easter and was amazed at what that bike could do. It climbed far better than i thought it would but it was on the downhill that I just loved it. I've never gotten along with 'all mountain' bikes before as I've always found the geometry off when trying to aggressively tackle a downhill run. Having ridden my 2010 V10 earlier that day, I was still super impressed with the way the Enduro held speed, cornered and jumped. Was the most fun I'd had on a bike - so much so, I'm buying one!

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
As said previously, go the reign x if you rather bomb down and try and ride up? Ive had both and the reign comes with better value components for your $ and can take a bit more punishment than the enduro.The enduro is more AM in terms of riding all day on it (better geo) without destroying your quads but its lesser spec will require replacement over time depending on how hard you push it. Hope it helps?

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
both great bikes, made in the same factory- demo them both and buy the one you enjoy the most.
Sorry but I have never understood what people are trying to get at when they say "made in the same factory". It means absolutely nothing. Different companies have different designs, Specs, tolerances and even different Quality Control even within the same factory.

brad72

Likes Bikes
My lge enduro comp with 125mm command post , spd pedals and the captain control ust rear tyre weighs 14.8kg, climbs really well and bombs back down beautifully. Great bike. Also upgraded the lyrik forks with DH rebound and compression dampers.