Enduro or dh

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
  • The length of suspension travel sets the limits of the size of the drops you can take. Not planning to do huge doubles and gaps? Then you don't need 200mm of travel.
I would disagree with this a bit. If the jumps and drops have good transitions for landing on travel length is not that important. I regularly ride some bigger jumps on my 100/120mm travel 4x bike without trouble. Slope style comps are hitting crazy big stuff on 60-120mm travel. Dropping to flat though...well no a mm out of travel stops that being stupid.

Where the longer travel really pays off is in bump absorption. If your charging through a gnarled up rock garden your suspension often doesn't have enough time to fully rebound between hits. So while you're hammering away, slowly eating up that ~200mm of travel, you're still able to compress through the gnar. Think of riding down a set of stairs.

twitchie

Likes Bikes
Dam yeh thats alot a helpful info lol.

Ok so yeh i should have clarified afew things with my riding style.

Due to my body being aggressivly abused from my younger years of skating then to bmx, doing massive drops and huge jumps my knees, ankles and shoulders dont agree with them. The slightest little off landing and im feeling it for a week.
Having said that tho jumps are definitely not being taken out of the accusation just not them big hardcore dh racer or slopestyle ones.

I love the nice flowy singles and from what some people have been saying the dh parks in Victoria arent all the greatest so climbing might have to be taken into account.

Ive never riden any type of duel suspension bikes, links been kind enough to offer me a test ride of each to see the difference in both.

John U

MTB Precision
On what OJ posted, coil will be heavier and harder to set up, agree. But once sorted shock/fork performance will be better, and whether you notice the difference while riding, not on the scales, is questionable.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Go and hire a Trek Remedy from Hoppers crossing Trek store and take it up to the you Yangs. You’ll see for yourself how incredibly capable that type of bike is on the downs and single track.
Forget about coil for the time being imo. Any most bike you buy will come with air so just learn that first and then if there is any need then think about coil.

twitchie

Likes Bikes
With what everyone has been saying about coil vs air i think i would just stick to air unless the bike has coil already on it.
Im not racing or by any means tring to go pro so i doubt ill notice the difference.
Lightness isnt major issue as im use to having a bike slightly on the heavyer side to others standards as my bmx was street set up so was in no way the lightest of the pick.
Having said that tho i dont want to be riding some big monsteres of a tank

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Once I've got the Lapierre Zesty fixed you can have a play on both an enduro bike and a DH bike off my little garden ledge drop off, just no crashing into the neighbours hard rubbish pile at 11pm with no helmet and knocking yourself out, for you.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ that was a fantastic move though.

Sounds like the dh bike isn't going to suit other than looking bad arse and pulling heaps of panties.

twitchie

Likes Bikes
Once I've got the Lapierre Zesty fixed you can have a play on both an enduro bike and a DH bike off my little garden ledge drop off, just no crashing into the neighbours hard rubbish pile at 11pm with no helmet and knocking yourself out, for you.
Lol ill try my best