Enduro racing at lysterfield!!!!

sossy

Saucier
Just saw this new race series being run at lysterfield... Being run by Full Gas Promotions, Those guys know how to put on an event! Should be awsome.

http://www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/new/cts.html

Chase the Sun Mountain Bike Series

You like mountain biking, right?
Love going for a ride with friends or family?
Ever had a bet with your riding buddies over who could ride the 'Blair Witch' or 'Buckle' Trails the quickest?
Ever wondered how far can you ride from sun rise till sunset?

Stop chasing your tail - Chase your mates - Chase the Sun

Spread throughout the year, with varying amounts of sunlight available, each event is a challenge to ride as many loops of the sensational Lysterfield trails as you can before the sun sets.

How do I enter & what class is for me?

A unique ProTeam format where teams of two will fight it out for large cash prizes at each round all the while accumulating points towards the series championship cash purse.

ProTeams may nominate a team roster of up to four riders at the start of the series and may chop and change from within that roster prior to each round.

A Corporate Team category for teams up to three riders, so we can decide once and for all who are the Australian Corporate MTB Champions.

Husband & Wife Teams for those who can't get enough of each other and love getting down and dirty MTBing together. No marriage certificates needed!

For those of you who are Just Good Friends, we have a category for you as well! Two men or two women will get you into this one. No questions asked.

For the Young Guns; get your school's team in the class for secondary school teams of three riders.

Of course where would we be if we didn't give the Solo's a platform to prove just how hard they are?

Lysterfield Park (Home of the Melbourne2006 Commonwealth Games Mountain Bike)

Four events staged at the home of mountain biking. Do just one, or do them all.

8th April 2007

20th May 2007

1st July 2007

19th August 2007

Last edited:

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
Hmm, I find the categories a bit confusing.

I am wanting to ride (probably) all of the races and have a bunch of mates who will as well. If we arent "Pros" or all belong to a corporation, is the only option the "Just Friends" pairs category ?

sossy

Saucier
From what I can gather, I'd say "just friends" is for you if there is 4 of you, two 2 man teams racing each other, change up the combo each race and see which combo is fastest... thats what we will be doing.

I'm excited - can't wait!

Last edited:

sossy

Saucier
There is a trip for two to new zealand up for grabs for series entrants... and cyclinic running before each event!!!!

Shotgun that trip!

Does anyone know if the are just using the games track or the whole park???

Is anyone else entering? theres going to be 4 awesome weeks of mountain biking at lysterfield!!!!

projectsplat

The film guy
haven't done any riding at lysterfield. is it something that can be done on a rigid??? (my other 2 bikes are 6"+ travel heavy pigs.)

tld_06

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cant wait:D

I've just signed up for the young guns class. Never ridden Lysterfield, whats it like? I'm gunna upgrade my forks for this series, what should I go for? What tyres? what kind of surface is lysterfield?

cheers,
Winna

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cant wait:D

I've just signed up for the young guns class. Never ridden Lysterfield, whats it like? I'm gunna upgrade my forks for this series, what should I go for? What tyres? what kind of surface is lysterfield?

cheers,
Winna
The games course is fast and loose, the rest of the course is hardpack. A hardpack designed tyre such as a Maxxis crossmark will give you plenty of speed and grip.

If it rains a lot before the race (ha) a mud tyre may be a better bet, but I've never seen Lysterfield that sloppy. It seems to stay pretty firm even when it's wet.

As to forks, what bike do you have and what is your budget?

tld_06

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm building up parts to make up a bike, I've got everything minus the frame and drivetrain system. I was thinking of maybe buying one of those half alloy half carbon EPX XC bikes. At the moment I've only got Holy Rollers.

I'm not sure of budget, but I'm getting paid for paper round tomorrow for three weeks work so hopefully $200-$400. I was thinking Manitou Blacks or Rockshock Pikes. At the moment the RST's aren't that good around the local road/singletrails:p

thanks for your help,
Winna

Andy42

Squid
yea i'll be there. Hope they will be using alot of the commonwealth games course. Last time I went i only got a bit of it done, we got sidetracked by that sweet rock garden. Should be good though, it'll be my first mountain bike race.

I hope the Comm Games track is not used at all, apart from linking the better sections of the park which far outweigh the Comm Game's better bits....

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just saw over on FGP forums that they are going to give away a hydration pack and a powerlink (that'll sure come in handy if you snap your chain out there :p) to every rider. Can you even buy a hydration pack for sixty bucks? Plus IIRC there is something like $4000 cash in prizes... I think someone at FGP must have stuffed there numbers up to be giving away so much stuff. All the better for us I guess :D.

Last edited:

paggnr

Likes Dirt
The games course is fast and loose, the rest of the course is hardpack. A hardpack designed tyre such as a Maxxis crossmark will give you plenty of speed and grip.

If it rains a lot before the race (ha) a mud tyre may be a better bet, but I've never seen Lysterfield that sloppy. It seems to stay pretty firm even when it's wet.
We ride there all the time. A Crossmark on the front and a Larrsen on the back is perfect for teh fast hardpack.

Went out yesterday and it was very slippery due to the months of fine dust build up and the rain - very sloppy.

Should be great

cheers
Pagey
Team Sally