#enduro(tm) backpacks - anyone got em?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I've got an EVOC 16Ltr Pack with a back protector, not sure whether it's lvl 1 or 2 rated. Good pack, lots of pockets to fit things.

Worth noting that with a full 2 litre bladder of water and tools/snacks/jacket etc, it can be a fairly hefty increase in weight to carry. The bigger the pack, the more crap you can carry around & the bigger the temptation to fill the pack to the limit.

Make sure you are used to how the bike (and you) feel & handle with the extra weight.

...G...

Likes Bikes
I've got an EVOC 16Ltr Pack with a back protector, not sure whether it's lvl 1 or 2 rated. Good pack, lots of pockets to fit things.

Worth noting that with a full 2 litre bladder of water and tools/snacks/jacket etc, it can be a fairly hefty increase in weight to carry. The bigger the pack, the more crap you can carry around & the bigger the temptation to fill the pack to the limit.

Make sure you are used to how the bike (and you) feel & handle with the extra weight.
I've just got the Evoc FR Enduro pack in 16 litre with the back protector. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty good. Harness system in particular looks fantastic with a wide waist belt. It's about 7 or 8 cm longer than my current Dakine Nomad, but appears to sit low enough so it won't hit the back of the helmet.

In relation to the back protector, the swing tag says "With a residual force value of 9.75kN, EVOC Liteshield Back Protectors reach a dampening effect that is almost twice as high as required by CE-Level 1. That means: Almost 95% of the shock energy [5kg weight dropped from 1m] is absorbed [by the back protector]." I'm not sure exactly how CE-Level 1 and 2 work, but it seems from this and the diagram on the tag that the back protector is nearly CE-Level 2, but not quite.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
pack

I have evoc ,in xlarge and is 18 litre i think .
i love it sits low on my back and is a tall thin pack which feels great.

I have used other types of low cg packs and feel bad.to ride and bounce about .

Evoc is good in a tumble .tried and tested .

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
How much shit do you actually need to carry? I have a camelback skyline and carry spares and food for my wife and I effortlessly. Only 10L but standard has 3L bladder.

As for armour I have found camelbacks make good armour in any form and would consider a CE rating as wank. Whenever I have really wanted proper armour like a dianese pressure suit, a 20L bag on your back would suck balls.

FWIW my Deuter backpack that I have commuted with daily for 15+years can take a hydropack and is pretty good on the dirt too. Maybe consider a well made riding bag (vs hydropack bag).