EPIC CRASH: Wrong Turn in Chatel

driftking

Wheel size expert
I have to agree the track was stupidly designed. They weren't going fast and the section was all closely with jumps, really poor design putting a kicker there.

Lucky no ones bike ended up in the railing that would have been a mess, lucky they managed to somewhat break thier fall with the bikes and bush.

Jilbo

Likes Dirt
Rookie mistake 101 not checking the trail but good effort not hitting that barrier and almost clearing the trees!

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did they actually walk the track first?
Chatel has 1100m vertical of trail. Maybe not all of that is in the MTB system, but I am not sure how exactly you walk every line in the Alps unless that's all you plan to do. You take you chances in the mountains. Same with skiing as with MTB. You have to be able to assess on the fly - and here it was literally on the fly:rip:

my02

Likes Dirt
Oh, Rember the Falklands?
Where a Fuckwit government decided to take on a vastly superior British force in an attempt to win favour with the Argentine people, forcing thousands of incredibly unprepared defence force personnel into a short annihilation?

What about it?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I for one fully support a thread hijack that discusses the strategic environment related to the Falklands war.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Where a Fuckwit government decided to take on a vastly superior British force in an attempt to win favour with the Argentine people, forcing thousands of incredibly unprepared defence force personnel into a short annihilation?

What about it?
Was still a better love story than Twilight.

Also goes to show the poor forethought and decision making of a race, in a grossly generalised and facetious way.