VIC Equipment transportation

Hi, me and my mates are builing a track in the local bush (we have a permit) problem is we dont have an easy way of getting our gear out there. As we are juniors we cant drive and nobody seems to want to drive us. Its pretty far to walk also. How would you recommend we go about getting out there. Is there such thing as a bike trailer? Where/ can i buy/build one. We need to take rakes shovels and a wheelbarrow. Hopefully this is an OK thread. :confused:

trav

Likes Dirt
Hi, me and my mates are builing a track in the local bush (we have a permit) problem is we dont have an easy way of getting our gear out there. As we are juniors we cant drive and nobody seems to want to drive us. Its pretty far to walk also. How would you recommend we go about getting out there. Is there such thing as a bike trailer? Where/ can i buy/build one. We need to take rakes shovels and a wheelbarrow. Hopefully this is an OK thread. :confused:
Bullshit you have a permit,who issued the permit to you.

Last edited:

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Don't worry about Trav, I'm guessing he has a mustard covered stick up his arse.
Things like a BOB trailer will haul your gear in style, but you could bash something up out of RHS and a 20" wheel. Just get a look at a single wheel bike trailer and go from there. If that is all a bit much, go with Jaydawgz suggestion and walk them in the first time and hide them, so you can ride there each time you want to work.

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
Missguided assumptions

A: I'm asking for an answer not a question and B: I'm part of a club who of whom we have a permit
As a comity member of the club James is a part of it is my responsability to point out that in no way are James' trail building activities condoned by the club. Our permit for the use of the land in question is for a specific event and purpose and does not give club members unrestricted permission to build trails where ever they please. This sort of thing is iresponsable and can reflect poorly on the reputation of the club and its commity members who have worked hard to establish relationships through the correct channels. Our legitimate efforts over the year have established a small network of trails for MTB use and we have to re-apply for a use permit each year. Illegal building puts our continued use of this land at risk.
James has been spoken to and I hope to harness his energy for good instead of evil in the future. He is young and does not know the error of his ways yet.

Last edited: