Euro drift

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm seeking a career change as of now. Being a test pilot for some of the Euro cars would be spectacular, I think you'll find that some of the drivers in that clip would be doing similar work to Motor magazine, Wheels etc. Imagine the insurance if you stacked the Lambo, the Porsche, the Merc's, the Ferrari and the Opel! "ahh.....the throttle was stuck open! I couldn't get out of it!". Bugger that.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Sensational stuff! That black merc looked like it had some pretty good handling. When's it my go?

projectsplat

The film guy
it was kinda cool, but I must say that you see more expensive cars doing better drifting on Top Gear each episode.

nonetheless, it was noice.

cheers

al

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Bah, Jap drifters are FAR from ricers. "Ricer" refers to the fact of someone having a fully modified exterior/interior but little to no engine mods. A 515 kw twin turbo (singles better) 350Z is FAR from ricer (even though it's not a drifter). I'd take a nice S15/14 or R34 (best drift I have ever seen, successfully completed by one of these R34's) as a drifter over any of those euros any day.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
mmm, nice. me like. The lotus lossing it was pretty cool, but it was wet. oh, and the mini van.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
yeah like venciferus said dont bag the jap cars because the performance figures they can get out of a 2 ltr single turbo engine is freeking insane.Also must have been pretty hard to get the lambo sidewayts with the 4wd and anti slide program thing.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Venciferus said:
Bah, Jap drifters are FAR from ricers. "Ricer" refers to the fact of someone having a fully modified exterior/interior but little to no engine mods. A 515 kw twin turbo (singles better) 350Z is FAR from ricer (even though it's not a drifter). I'd take a nice S15/14 or R34 (best drift I have ever seen, successfully completed by one of these R34's) as a drifter over any of those euros any day.
"Ricer" is a shortened version of "Rice Burner" a derogatory term for a Japanese motorcycle or car, so Jap drifters are indeed ricers. It has nothing to do with modifications.

sasser

Likes Dirt
NCR600 said:
"Ricer" is a shortened version of "Rice Burner" a derogatory term for a Japanese motorcycle or car, so Jap drifters are indeed ricers. It has nothing to do with modifications.

snap!.....

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Yea I know just an easy thing to call "them", simple term and everyone knows what you are talking about when "you" say that. Just stating some random shit because I am tyred (Yes, that's right tyred).

Last edited:

DiMmY

Likes Dirt
projectsplat said:
it was kinda cool, but I must say that you see more expensive cars doing better drifting on Top Gear each episode.

nonetheless, it was noice.

cheers

al
Jeremy can't drift for shit, Tiff from Fifth Gear on the other hand, can.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
DiMmY said:
Jeremy can't drift for shit, Tiff from Fifth Gear on the other hand, can.

I dont know if I can agree with that, he was pretty handy with the latest Dodge Viper.
The STIG is the real drift expert for top gear anyhow.

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
good shit! Would have also liked to have seen an M3 CSL getting sideways there, but I can't be picky now can I:p

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
ThePig said:
I dont know if I can agree with that, he was pretty handy with the latest Dodge Viper.
The STIG is the real drift expert for top gear anyhow.
the stig really isnt that great a driver.. i reckon they should import one of the Jap drifters like nomuken or ueo to drive for em.

(ps, Venciferus, was it a white 4 door R34 that you saw? if so it was probablt nomuken.. he is definately one of the coolest motorsport personalities i have ever seen)

nizai

Likes Dirt
donthucktoflat said:
the stig really isnt that great a driver.
You are of course referring to more than one person. And since the first Stig was an ex F1 Test driver (Perry McCarthy) its probably pretty reasonable to suggest the later stigs are also of that caliber. Of course some of the cars have actually had their stig-laps done by the owners dressed as stig (the rare ones anyway)

Rumours abound that the current stig is either Damon Hill or Julian Bailey.

N

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
nizai said:
You are of course referring to more than one person. And since the first Stig was an ex F1 Test driver (Perry McCarthy) its probably pretty reasonable to suggest the later stigs are also of that caliber. Of course some of the cars have actually had their stig-laps done by the owners dressed as stig (the rare ones anyway)

Rumours abound that the current stig is either Damon Hill or Julian Bailey.

N
well he seems to be patchy (whoever he may be.. maybe that explains it) in his lines, technique and skeelz. i have seen a few eps where he was actually truly average..

hairy

Likes Dirt
That was awesome hangs shit over the ricer crap you usally see... although you cant go wrong with the cappa utes:) that crewmans o so tuff now.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
hairy said:
That was awesome hangs shit over the ricer crap you usally see... although you cant go wrong with the cappa utes:) that crewmans o so tuff now.
hmm, i'd love to see how the capa (you spelt it wrong btw) ute goes over in japan... sure it makes 1000HP but power can never make up for skill (unless it's an auto dragger)