Europe campervan month 2017

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After a month in Whistler, the depression has really started to kick in and a few of the boys in the group have thrown the idea out of making the 2017 holiday a trip around Europe with enduro bikes in a big campervan. It's a very loose thought at the moment but thinking end of June to end of July as they're not too restricted but those are my uni holidays. Plus Mega Avalanche is early July and that's definitely a bucket list event for me.

Knowing very little about places outside the World Cup circuit in Europe, where should we make sure to stop at? Where should we fly into/out of? Where also has good normal touristy things? And any experiences with this type of trip you can share?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Pass'Portes Du Soleil.

Lift, ride, beer + baguettes, repeat.

Such a blast. Am trying my damnedest to persuade my mates to do it next year!

I stayed in Champery which was chilled and stunning. Les Gets and Morzine are where the partying appears to be but if you set off on the circuit from there you'll endure a lot of queues for the lifts as their the most popular spots for accommodation.

Last edited:
Too many options

We (3 of us) rocked a large car that could swallow 3 bike bags and the rest of the luggage and then proceeded from Geneva airport to Les Deux (2) Alpes for 9 days (Mountain of Hell), Alp d'hues for 2 days (Megavalance), 3 days in Tignes/Val d'Isere and 10 days in Morzine. From that we learned the following: -

- AirBNB for accomodation. Cost around AUD$50-70 per person/per night. Really awesome accomodation. Mostly have WiFi, full kitchen, private rooms.
Mint!!
- Tignes was awesome. Definitely worthy of more than 3 days. Free lift passes this year not sure for next year. Heaps of trails very high in altitude.
Put this towards the end as may of trails still heaps of ice and many trails "closed"
- Morzine has so many trails. worthy of many days

If you get to Les 2 Alpes recommend getting a tour. Get to some very gnarly back country rides. Pricey at $100/person but includes shuttles up hills, insider local knowledge and lunch.

Have an awesome time. Sadly it ruins most if not all the trails in aus

aboutfivebucks

Likes Bikes
You have a thousand places to choose from. Just to throw another into the mix, I spent a week in Livigno, Italy last month riding Mottolino bike park.
Its not an easy place to get too, which suits me - it is nice being the only Aussie on the hill (as opposed to Canadian bike parks).

Great bike park, also plenty of XC in the valley.
Well priced accommodation, pizza every night and duty free alcohol.

There is plenty of non-mountainbike activities in town, I had my missus and kids with me and could have easily spent another week there.

http://www.mottolino.com/en/summer

https://youtu.be/QRYfDweMgw0