ever snapped a shifter???

hucker_boy

weekly chode
the other day i was riding a downhill track and as i was sprinting[like a clown that is] my shorts hooked onto my shifter trigger and snapped it clean off, i was wondering if u can just buy new triggers or that u have to get a new shifter and if this has happened to anyone or if anyone has seen it happen cause i don't get how this happens, thanks for the help.

psychosteve

Likes Dirt
im priity sure you would have to buy a whole new shifter and it would proberly be just as cheap to buy a new shifter as it would to buy the parts

norcotim

Likes Dirt
i snapped mine in half in a crash, and just bought a new one no point in trying to get parts for it,

cheers tim

bransly

Likes Dirt
ive gone through a few shifters riding actually. its much easier to buy a whole new shifter rather than trying to find the parts.

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My shorts get hooked in my shifter all the time, just the shifter doesn't break, I crash :eek:

It might be worth posting a wanted add looking for your bit because some people have parts lying around. I did, I snapped the little one (on an x7) and had a spare shifter around. Saved someone else buying a new shifter when I donated the other lever.

matt06

Likes Dirt
Yeah lucky you didnt go over the hangers i do all the time when my shorts get stuck. so bloody annoying lol

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Alex sprinting, yeah right.....

i've got a bunch of odd shifters by the way, pm me