Ever wondered.....?

benwilson1

Likes Dirt
Ever wondered where all the bikes and parts from years ago disappear too?
I did a search for some marzocchi Shiver DC forks....can't find them.
For the young kids, these forks used to be around before the 888's were released.
Same goes for the iconic Monster T's.
Hundreds if not thousands of units would have been sold in Australia over the years, yet they are rare as hens teeth. I just find it odd.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Probably where old bikes end up. In the back of sheds or in pieces somewhere.
There's a point where when something isn't wanted and the value is gone they just get dumped, broke, chucked, dismantled and used for another project, parts, hung on walls or find their way to the dark corners of sheds never to be found till you clean it out in 10years time.

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
Yea I still lust after some Shiver SCs and the Supernova / Dorado SC. All I had at the time were RST Mozo Pros with a bolt on arch :scared:

moorey

call me Mia
Yea I still lust after some Shiver SCs and the Supernova / Dorado SC. All I had at the time were RST Mozo Pros with a bolt on arch :scared:
Want a set of supernova? I can hook you up. Topping out a bit, but otherwise in great original condition.
Currently on an 02 patriot in awesome condition with almost all original era parts.

Back OT. My 04 DH bike just hangs in the shed when it's not being pulled apart and rebuilt by students. Not worth selling, too good to get rid of. :pout:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Old bmx bits just seem to get cornered by ageing usedtobees to build carpet queens they park in their man caves to fap over. Makes it too expensive for those of us that actually race these bikes to build them.... I expect the same goes for other breeds of bike.