Every Mt Biker is required this SUNDAY for bush fire relief

thematrix

Likes Dirt
OK, so this has become HUGE. Do you ride a bike? Have you been wondering what you can do to help the bushfire appeal? Would you like to help AND score yourself some seriously good bike gear AND get in a XC or a DH event AND get to feel good about yourself for doing something really worthwhile... all at the same time?

Well read on.

first notice.
Turn up , do one lap or do 10. Social, fun, band together to help out !!!!
more info to come.

Hi fellow MTB'ers,

GMBC , FTF, Bendigo, Dirt Riders and several other Victorian clubs are banding together this weekend to run a 6 hour Enduro at the Stockyards You Yangs Regional Park to raise money for the Fire Relief Fund to help those who lost everything in the recent fires across the State. All the Entry fees charged will be donated to the fund. This race will still earn you points for the State Series, but this is a time where you can give back to all the communities who have helped us run races. So please tell everyone you know and come along and help those in need.

Check your Club, GMBC, FTF and MTBV websites for further details.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Okeedokey then.... I've just spoken to Jo from the Geelong club and we're donating one of these to be raffled off on race day (the Hi-Ride carrier... NOT the bikes and not the car :rolleyes:)

So now I'm throwing out the challenge to any other cycling business out there to donate something nice that can be used to raise money for the bushfire appeal.

If you want to get involved then here's what you do...

1. QUICKLY get in touch with Jo Clausen on 0407 433 682 or 0418 829 970

2. Let her know what you're able to donate.

3. Make sure you can get it to her in Geelong within the next few days.

So simple... right?

C'mon "industry" guys.... here's our chance for a little bit of good karma, and God knows the poor bastards that have been through the fires need every bit of help they can get.

Email me (mail@gripsport.com.au) the details and a picture of what you're donating and we'll publicize it here on Farkin too.

Last edited:

Grip

And so it begins....

Just spoke to Ty from Groupe Sportif and they are definitely on board. I'll post up details of their donation as soon as I have them... but good on you guys!

Grip

Just heard from Elvis at Dirt Works and they too are eager to help!

Same deal as above.... I'll post up full details of everyone's support as soon as I get it.

Thanks all.

Grip

Big ups to Elvis at Dirt Works... they've donated a pair of Manitou Minute MRD forks. 140mm travel, QR axle. Baby Blue in colour. rrp: $1400

These beauties will be used by the Geelong club to raise money for the bushfire appeal... which means some lucky punter will score these forks on Sunday for the cost of a few raffle tickets.

Make sure you're at the event or if you can't be there then contact Jo at GMBC( info@gmbc.com.au ) to see if you can buy a ticket or two anyway.

Event info here
http://www.gmbc.com.au/main/index.php

Grip

Ty from Groupe Sportif also got back to me almost immediately with these... 2 x Kona team travel bags worth over $600.

These beauties will be used by the Geelong club to raise money for the bushfire appeal... which means some lucky punter will score these bags on Sunday for the cost of a few raffle tickets.

Make sure you're at the event or if you can't be there then contact Jo at GMBC( info@gmbc.com.au ) to see if you can buy a ticket or two anyway.

Event info here

Grip

New donations in from Australian Mountain Bike Magazine... 3 full year subscriptions! Good on ya, guys!

And of course these will be used by the Geelong club to raise money for the bushfire appeal... which means some lucky punter will score these on Sunday for the cost of a few raffle tickets.

Event info here

Grip

And more again!!!!!

Many thanks to Rapid Ascent who have kindly donated 2 bike entries to Bike Buller.

And of course these will be used by the Geelong club to raise money for the bushfire appeal... which means some lucky punters will score these entries on Sunday for the cost of a few raffle tickets.

Event info here

Grip

Just had word that Sram, Maxxis and CycleWorks Croydon are all on board and donating to this event.

It's going to be bigger than Ben Hur, people... so get off your arses and support it by

BEING THERE (to either ride or watch)... and to buy raffle tickets for all the great stuff listed above.

If you can't be there then maybe contact the clubs (GMBC or Fat Tyre Flyers) to see about a donation or buying raffle tickets.

And yes... I will keep posting new things as often as it takes to keep this up the top of the page. Don't like it? Well sue me (or sick Ryan onto me:p)

Grip

Yeah I know you're not supposed to bump non-trading area threads... but this one is an exception. :)

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Me and a few mates were planing to go to the You-Yangs this weekend, Since Baw Baw is off. I dont really want to enter these Super D style races as it states on the GMBC site. Are we still allowed to ride all downhill tracks on Saturday or is that a no go?

Cheers

Nick

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Bump, I wrote in another thread, sorry Grip:D
I can't come, but I'll buy tickets and a snag to go.

Grip

Me and a few mates were planing to go to the You-Yangs this weekend, Since Baw Baw is off. I dont really want to enter these Super D style races as it states on the GMBC site. Are we still allowed to ride all downhill tracks on Saturday or is that a no go?

Cheers

Nick
Might be a clue to contact GMBC and ask them.

trav

Likes Dirt

Cheers

Nick
You can ride the DH tracks all weekend mate it's a public park.

thematrix

Likes Dirt
thanks heapds to all the companies for the donations Awesome

Ok the above companies have put in so lets all turn up.
Downhill riders ride the tracks and buy some tickets in the raffle even make a further donation if you feel like it.
So many of your down hill track have been burnt out so it would be great if you could make a donation to these communities.

thanks to all for getting on board.

Also the event is being run by all the vic mountain bike clubs including gmbc, dirt riders, fatties, rocky riders, etc.

thanks to all hope to see you there.

Grip

Yeah I know you're not supposed to bump non-trading area threads... but this one is an exception. :)

Grip

Latest to come on board is Yarra Valley Cycle donating at least 5 full-face helmets worth over $1500.

Big thanks to Matt and Ash and the boys at YVC