Sram X01 Derailluer/Cassette
Easton Havoc Stem
Minion DHR II's

Attachments

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Well the frame costs $4600 new, the wheels are pushing $3k, fork is $1600.

So I'm going to have a punt and suggest he's not looking for $5k for the whole bike...

If he is, I'm first in line!

woodyjbh

Likes Dirt
Well the frame costs $4600 new, the wheels are pushing $3k, fork is $1600.

So I'm going to have a punt and suggest he's not looking for $5k for the whole bike...

If he is, I'm first in line!
That's the exact problem. It's not new. It's second hand. So retail replacement value doesn't mean much. It's all about what the seller is looking for and what the prospective buyer is willing to pay...

Wood

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If he offered a 50% discount on the build cost it'd still be more than $5k, and it looks pretty much new.

But I agree a price would help.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Even if there was a price. I'd get lowballed all day every day. Considering the build is $10k+ easily. If you want a new one go pay $4.5k for the frame $3.8k for the wheels wtc etc.

And yes it would be over $5k obviously. If anyone is serious they would know the worth of the bike and would make an offer. Not get a ballpark figure and try and lowball.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Even if there was a price. I'd get lowballed all day every day. Considering the build is $10k+ easily. If you want a new one go pay $4.5k for the frame $3.8k for the wheels wtc etc.

And yes it would be over $5k obviously. If anyone is serious they would know the worth of the bike and would make an offer. Not get a ballpark figure and try and lowball.

Soooooooo, put a price on it. It ain't Ebay.

treble

Likes Dirt
Even if there was a price. I'd get lowballed all day every day.
Hello and welome to the joy that is selling your shit on the internet.

Here's a tip:
Pick a price, the one you already have in your head as the least you would take for the bike (Amount A). Add a few hundred bucks on the end to get an advertised price (Amount B). Post it up. Ignore lowballs. Wait until someone offers you an amount that is between amount A and B. Sell the bike.

See, Easy.

Z

Zaf

Hello and welome to the joy that is selling your shit on the internet.

Here's a tip:
Pick a price, the one you already have in your head as the least you would take for the bike (Amount A). Add a few hundred bucks on the end to get an advertised price (Amount B). Post it up. Ignore lowballs. Wait until someone offers you an amount that is between amount A and B. Sell the bike.

See, Easy.
Another tip, say you'll post at buyers expense but factor in the cost of postage to your estimate, then in first round offers, buyers use their first card getting a fixed rate including postage (usually $150 with insurance on a bike sized box). And you look good and reasonable for covering postage, so they feel less likely to lowball further.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
What was the build cost
Build cost has no relevance really, it's now a second hand bike. It's worth what somebody wants to pay for it, which is rarely even close to what the seller thinks it's worth. Particularly with a custom build.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Why are you selling it? You're simply asking to get lowballed if you don't put a price on it. Nice way of getting free bumps though...

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Why are you selling it? You're simply asking to get lowballed if you don't put a price on it. Nice way of getting free bumps though...
Please don't feed the troll.

Put a price on it or fcuk off.

Hate these leeches fishing for every last red cent. Too afraid to put a price on it in case they miss out on an extra buck that someone might be willing to pay for it.