Evil revolt advice

Minlak

custom titis
After some advice on changing the flipchips and head tube sleeve.
I don't understand why you got flippant replies.... I mean you clearly stated what type of riding you do and why you you were thinking of changing. What result you were hoping to achieve. Just ignore those assholes and thier shitty advice. :spy:

NZSNOWDOG

Likes Dirt
Thanks for that.
After the how to,the top flipchip bolt has an external circlip,how is that bolt removed,clockwise/anticlockwise????
Just want to do it properly,not experiment.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Are you sure there is a circlip? There is no circlip on mine. The bolt screws into the flip clip from behind so if I remember(been hanging on the wall for quite some time) to un screw it'd be clockwise. As for the sleeve you need a massive spanner but I just used some multi grip pliers. Pic of my snapped flip chip

NZSNOWDOG

Likes Dirt
This just serves to remind me why I dont bother with these forums.
I dont need advice from homegrown experts on what angles I need for my riding 'style'.
Thought I might get helpful advice from a former or current owner of a revolt on how to change these items correctly.
Maybe if all the smart arses used their time and energy more positively,the world might be a better place.

NUMBER5

Likes Dirt
Cannot up load any photos for some reason.. Just check if the chips/bolts haven't been replaced. The bolts in the flip chip would snap over time and as Evil went through their dark times you couldn't get them. Also, if you have probs moving the sleeve, try and spray some WD 40 and let it soak in to get it moving. Worked for me :) :)

Minlak

custom titis
This just serves to remind me why I dont bother with these forums.
I dont need advice from homegrown experts on what angles I need for my riding 'style'.
Thought I might get helpful advice from a former or current owner of a revolt on how to change these items correctly.
Maybe if all the smart arses used their time and energy more positively,the world might be a better place.
Half the problem is people ask shit questions and expect people to be mind readers.

Try...
Hi guys I have an evil revolt and want to change the flip chips and head tube sleeve. Has any one done it before or got any good links or advice on what I should be doing?
Thanks

A whole question in 2 lines that set an expectation of what answers to expect.

And yeah your right I bought nothing constructive to this conversation and I do apologise sincerely for posting in the thread I just get soooo annoyed sometimes when people leave the gate open for the fools then get pissy about them escaping.
Sorry

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Half the problem is people ask shit questions and expect people to be mind readers.

Try...
Hi guys I have an evil revolt and want to change the flip chips and head tube sleeve. Has any one done it before or got any good links or advice on what I should be doing?
Thanks

And yeah your right I bought nothing constructive to this conversation and I do apologise sincerely for posting in the thread I just get soooo annoyed sometimes when people leave the gate open for the fools then get pissy about them escaping.
Sorry
*Brought....

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse

Try...
Thanks

And yeah your right I brought nothing constructive to this conversation and I do apologise sincerely for posting in the thread. I just get soooo annoyed sometimes when people leave the gate open for the fools, then get pissy about them escaping.
Sorry
Punctuation helps too.

NZSNOWDOG

Likes Dirt
Fair enough.
Any detailed advice on how to remove the flipchips and headtube sleeve adjustments would be much appreciated.

Figo10

Likes Bikes
For the headtube sleeve you loosen the headtube bolts and back off the headset preload. Once you've done that rotate it 180 and tighten headtube bolts back up. There was a big spanner that came with the frame but you should be able to Macgyver something (e.g. vise grip pliers) if you don't have it.

For the flip chips, you must have the updated hardware if it has a c-clip. Remove the c-clip then undo the flipchips with T25 torx. Direction to tighten should be printed on the flip chips but I think they're all standard righty-tighty lefty-loosey. Be careful to follow the torque rating printed on the flip chip after you've flipped them and don't over tighten. About 10 or 11Nm from memory.

If you can't figure it out send an email to Evil. Kevin has always been super helpful. info@evil-bikes.com