Evoc bags - worth it...?

Slowman

Likes Dirt
I should mention that with the Tardis the bike needs to be packed with some thick cardboard,wheel spacers esp front fork , unbolt the handlebars and tape them to top tube , take off rear derailleur with chain attached and tape to rear stay.
Seat, pedals etc goes in suitcase . Only had 1 bent rotor.
More or less, what I do now. With some foam rubber tubes for the top and bottom tubes of the frame.

I always use a brace for the rear frame tips...an old skewer which has a thicker piece that locks into the rear dropout and when the QR is closed it reinforces the frame and prevents the rear stays compressing which could crack the frame. Like this...

I also use this to protect the RD as well..

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm. Have a work trip to Norway soon, was going to take my roadie for early morning explores (only a week away, I find it pays to not totally go into sync with local timezones, so I tend to have an hour or two before work for rubbernecking) - I'll give the current one a go on the current setup and see if i get a new bike from the insurers!
You should definitely hit up the Hillbilly Huckfest jumps on the roadie

clockworked

Like an orange
Downside: evoc bags weigh around 7 kg (iirc). Cardboard is less
Upside: its way easier to pack and move around than a cardboard box.

Happy with mine. Not sure if its totally worth the cost, but you could say the same about most bike costs