Excellent customer service for the ladies - an honour roll

Cubie

Squid
I've been riding for almost a year now and it finally seems like the right time to think about buying a dually. This, unfortunately meant that I had to shop around, which meant that I encountered a bit of the stuff mentioned in the 'Why don't bike stores want to sell women a good bike?' thread.

To be honest, I'd never really thought about it much: my local bike store came highly recommended so I bought my bike there (it's gorgeous!), have bought parts there, had my bike serviced, ordered in bits and bobs etc. When I bought my bike, they listened to what I wanted and suggested a few options - all high quality men's bikes without a trace of pink, lilac or powder blue. They're always happy to answer questions, no matter how silly I think they are, without making me feel stupid. Sometimes, they give us hints on how to do things on the cheap so we don't buy overpriced products.

Best of all, they do all of this without being schmoozy or sexist. Service is never dumbed down because I'm a young, blonde, female noob. I get exactly the same helpful, friendly and extremely knowledgeable service that anyone who walks into the store gets - I know this because my bald, middle-aged male friends shop there too, for all the same reasons.

To this end, how about a list of bike stores where you've experienced great service?

Mitcham Cycle Centre (SA) you have my eternal loyalty!!! :clap2:

kall

Cannon Fodder
Newcastles best

Two wheel industries, great honest service and I get treated like I am worth having as a customer and have sensible ideas about how I want my bike!! cool guys and happy to have a chat about anything I want to know their opinion on.

Allio

Cannon Fodder
Brisbane's Best

As a lady walking into a bike shop can be quite daunting in itself, let alone if you are new to the sport. I have been to a lot of shops across Brisbane where they have treated me like a complete idiot and spoken to me very poorly just because I didn't know as much as them or even worse they just didn't even bother serving me at all. This could be enough to deter anyone.
I came across Action Bicycles at Chermside. The boys here provide you great service and will make you comfortable to be in the store. They are continually adding to the collection of ladies bikes in the store, whether its Road, XC or DH they will help you out.
You don't have to worry bout not knowing what something is called... I asked for one of those star thingy tools that you use for the disc rotor bolts and they knew what I was talking about(its a T25 by the way). And when I say I am going to drop in Henson or Sora, they know what bike I am talking about.. Yes my bikes have names and the boys at Action don't give me stick for it..
I can not recommend them highly enough for their service and in the next few weeks after the store renovations there will be a dedicated section of the store just for us women!!!!!!
Drop in and see the boys, like me they want to see more women out there shredding the trails or the pavement.
Action Bicycles - 724 Gympie Rd Chermside. 07 33594923

See you on the trails.
Allio

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Coffs Harbour and Adelaide

Ventoux Cycles in Coffs Harbour - I cannot recommend them highly enough. They've seen me through from a complete novice with both my Bmx aspirations and my mountainbiking hopes. And they never gave me shite for being a Bmx beginner at 40 :)

The boys at Star Cycles in Adelaide (Elizabeth) are great too but it's tough for them when the owner won't let them order in parts. they do look after me well, can build wheels to an excellent standard, and are really cool to race with :)

Last edited:

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Blackman's Cycles in Parramatta.
crnr of Victoria and Church.

Had a wheel built there, the tech (Mitch) knew straight away from the rim it was for DJ and reccomended other parts I might like. Never made any comment on gender or any of that.
Was a very refreshing experience.

Warg

Squid
Aldgate Bike Shop (SA). Respectful, helpful and noob-friendly. These guys were my go-to when I lived in the hills and was just starting out. There were other shops nearer to me but I walked out of them feeling like a fool for a while.

Fast Forward Bikes (SA). Only a small shop - doesn't stock a lot of high end mountain bikes but very accomodating and friendly. Good spot for a service or tune up. He can often fit you in on the day you ring up.