Experience with Manitou Swinger, and NOX bikes?

deletude26

Likes Bikes
I was looking at purchasing a NOX EDT 5.9 SL COMP. Despite there being a few good reviews (although german), I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience with any of their full-sus bikes, and how well they perform. The link to the complete bike:
http://noxcycles.com/index.php/en/products-en/enduro-trail/bike-edt-5-9-sl-comp-detail

My second question, and a part I'm not sure if it should be upgraded or not is the Manitou Swinger expert it comes with, which I can't find any reviews for. It seems to have a good amount of adjustments, but I'm sceptical over the reliability of it. It is this one:
http://www.manitoumtb.com/products/shocks/swinger/

Thanks for any information anyone has.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just buy the SL Pro, comes with Pike + Monarch for only an extra 300 euros. Rest of the parts are exactly the same between the Comp and Pro. Why buy a bike that your not happy with the stock spec?

NOX EDT 5.9 Sl Pro
NOX Frame EDT 5.9 SL
Rock Shox Monarch Plus RC3 DB MM, 216
Rock Shox Pike RCT3-2P, black, 27.5, 160mm, tapered

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Just buy the SL Pro, comes with Pike + Monarch for only an extra 300 euros. Rest of the parts are exactly the same between the Comp and Pro. Why buy a bike that your not happy with the stock spec?
Cant say I've seen a "stock" bike that I've been completely happy with the spec with. High end or other. Some provide a good base but that's it..

deletude26

Likes Bikes
Cant say I've seen a "stock" bike that I've been completely happy with the spec with. High end or other. Some provide a good base but that's it..
Agreed, I am stretching the budget as it is, and I am okay with the Mattoc as I like the adjustability, but I was probably planning to upgrade the shock to a DB inline, but I won't bother if the Swinger is okay, but as there aren't many reviews, I may wait until I get it, and see.

Will be month or so at least before I can get it anyway, so got some time to think about it

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Swinger Expert looks like it might be the new version of the ISX-4. The ISX-6 was a good shock with great mid-stroke support, so no wallowing. It used to feel like it rode higher in it's travel than either a CCDB coil or DHX Air on my old Pivot Firebird when set to the same sag which wasn't a feeling I particularly liked but it used to be the shock to put on older Nomads.

I don't think you'd go too wrong with the Swinger Expert, but it's not me experimenting with it. If you're going to fit a CCDB Air anyway you could give the Swinger a go for a bit. I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on it.