External bb and single speed

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
So the bottom bracket width on my bike is 73mm. The external bb I have is for 68-73mm. Since it's going to be single speed and I can adjust chainline via spacers that came with the dmr ss kit (on the rear) do I need to use any of the spacers that came with the external bb?

camoshop

Banned
So the bottom bracket width on my bike is 73mm. The external bb I have is for 68-73mm. Since it's going to be single speed and I can adjust chainline via spacers that came with the dmr ss kit (on the rear) do I need to use any of the spacers that came with the external bb?
you might i had to use one of them on the drive side to get my chain line spot on on my ss

camoshop

Banned
from memory anyway my external bb said ro use 3 soader in a 68 and just one on a 73 my avant was 68 so i had two on the drive side and one on the non drive side, the cotic is 73 so had to use one. pretty sure as i said above its on the drive side, but you have them there to figure out.

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
Seems like you have options to work with.

I like your dog by the way.
Cheers, no longer with me I'm afraid

Just curious cause the destructions say what spacers it use depending on bottom shell width, what kind of front dérailleur or chain guide. But not single cog..

stirk

Burner
from memory anyway my external bb said ro use 3 soader in a 68 and just one on a 73 my avant was 68 so i had two on the drive side and one on the non drive side, the cotic is 73 so had to use one. pretty sure as i said above its on the drive side, but you have them there to figure out.
ro soader says use hammer per knuckles advice and option that drive train, spacers either end could do all kinds of funky

camoshop

Banned
actually, just had a look im running 1 spacer on the non drive side, had it on the drive side and couldnt get a good chain line!! ive got the same dmr ssoader kit on the back. give that option a go and see how it goes.

stirk

Burner
arg i turn off auto correct now my big thumbs hit the wrong keys haha. spacers ****
you need to learn how to use pinky finger, also provides options for tinder ladies.....

This thread has just been 'burned' ;) ......

sorry dr.matt

dr.matt

Likes Dirt
Cheers will do, the web is full of good info. But keeping reading to many different opinions and I don't know whether I'm coming or going

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Cheers, no longer with me I'm afraid

Just curious cause the destructions say what spacers it use depending on bottom shell width, what kind of front dérailleur or chain guide. But not single cog..
Number of chainrings means diddly-squat when it comes to spacer arrangement.... The BB assembly, allowing for 68 or 73mm shells, plus BB-mounted front derailleur or chain guide needs to end up a certain overall width to ensure the crank does up properly. I think it's 96mm overall or close to it. So if you have a 73mm shell & no chain device, you need one spacer on the drive side.