Extreme drop in melbourne - GONE

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys
i was out in melbourne today with a good mate riding our downhill bikes in seek of decent hucks, we found a few but wanted to check out one with a sick reputation, the one the only, drop behind fed square, it was perfect, and as we came across the hill we saw the GLASS BARRIER, it stopped us from doing such a perfect drop!

is there any thoughs/ideas on how we could get his AWSOME drop in action again, i would love to hear your opions!!

SAMMYW

Likes Dirt
that drop was sick untill they moved the glass further foward, theirs no reall way which it is accesible now...

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
yeah shame it got fenced off...
would be a mad drop to show off on :p
I heard that a BMX 360'd it...

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone got any pics of this drop? Wouldn't mind seeing it, and then parkour flipping it! :D

S_Town

Likes Dirt

The landing is pretty much the same angle as those stairs in the backround, or even flatter than that. :rolleyes:

$$Noble$$

Likes Dirt
how big is that compared to the bigness of freeriding in farkin. is that like your mad as if you do that or is it just an amateur drop. interested as i would like to compare myself

a.davis12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone got any pics of this drop? Wouldn't mind seeing it, and then parkour flipping it! :D
please tell me you're actually good at parkour, not one of the homos that hang out on southbank to show off, but cant actually clear anything.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So where's the glass barrier fence thingo now? Did they put it up as to specifically stop this kinda stuff? If so, that's pretty funny, although the odd trials rider could still hit it. :cool:

please tell me you're actually good at parkour, not one of the homos that hang out on southbank to show off, but cant actually clear anything.
Haha, nah I'm not a southbank 'homo' (don't even live in Melb), but yeah; I am decent-ish at parkour, I can flip off trees, ledges and stuff and can almost get a full hand-plant wall spin thingo, not sure what it called, lol.

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So where's the glass barrier fence thingo now? Did they put it up as to specifically stop this kinda stuff? If so, that's pretty funny, although the odd trials rider could still hit it. :cool:
the barrier is about 2 metres from the actualt drop, no were near enough run up to make this drop cleanly

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey if you want a sick kore drop than get up on the roof of that glass building where the spectaters are watching in the photo, then huck it and land on the stairs that would really be a 'perfect huck'

Its funny people who enjoy dropping almost to flat

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Can we please not turn this into a "HUKIN IZ BAD 4 UR BYK YO" thread?

Does anyone have some constructive thoughts on why this drop was closed off, and if it should be brought back or not?

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Extreem?

Biggest drop in Sydney that i know of is the Oxford falls floater.
I think its 22 foot or something, ime hitting it in the hols.:eek:
lander is about 4 foot.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone have some constructive thoughts on why this drop was closed off, and if it should be brought back or not?

How about the massive liability claim if one of you get hurt. Your chances of it getting re-opened are squat.

gwicked

Squid

The landing is pretty much the same angle as those stairs in the backround, or even flatter than that. :rolleyes:

It might have something to do with that photo. Ppl use to get a few goes at the drop on mountain boards before security chased us away. hapened more than once. and i no of a heap of other ppl doin the same thing.