eyebrow piecing and full faces

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
g-day guys, this might be a little bit off topic but i thought it would be the best place to ask....

anyone who has an eyebrow piecing, when putting on, and taking of your full face helmet, how do you stop, or control the "sitchuation" when your eyebrow bar gets caught on the helmet ? do you tape it up or is it not an issue at all ??

sorry if this is off topic, but seeming as mostly everyone in this thread wheres a full face, i thought that i would have more luck...

cheers :)

hucker_boy

weekly chode
i only get my eyebrow bar caught on the chin strap but i find using a small metal ball on the top of the bar helps stop if getting caught, hope this helps

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh yeah cheers mate :)
mine rubs on the side of mine kinda, and also mine is only a few days old so i think ill give it some time but yeah thanks buddy :)

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
would be an issue if it was a hoop, sounds a bit dangerous if you ask me,

when you get your eye brow pierced, isn't there the chance of going paralyzed and have half your face drop?

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
would be an issue if it was a hoop, sounds a bit dangerous if you ask me,

when you get your eye brow pierced, isn't there the chance of going paralyzed and have half your face drop?
There is a nerve, hitting that will cause that side of your face to go sloppy...

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
There is a nerve, hitting that will cause that side of your face to go sloppy...
Apparently (I dont have my eyebrow done, but 3 of my mates do) this nerve is only on the inner most 2/3 of the eyebrow. So any piercing on the outer (towards the ear) 1/3 of the eyebrow is safe.

However, I'm no doctor or piercing technician, so it would be interesting to see what a professional has to say.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Ask Amiel Cavalier.
I know a few people who ahve them, they seem to have no troubles, might just take a bit of time to get used to a certain technique to putting on and removing your helmet. Also check the way it's sitting on your head, move it around a bit and find what's comfortable and what works.

Sam 123

Squid
i have had min for a week or two and have ridden with my full face a few times withh it and its not an issue at all, i dont tape it or anything

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Anyone know how long it takes before u can try switch an eyebrow piercing over to a clear? Is it possible after a couple of weeks?

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have had min for a week or two and have ridden with my full face a few times withh it and its not an issue at all, i dont tape it or anything
but do you have a ball on the end or spikes, because i have spikes on mine, and i tryed to put it on and it was catching, well ill try what "Downhill Domination" and just try different ways to do it :D

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh yer sorry mine has balls not spikes
yeah that might be an idia, but heres a silly question, so the spikes/balls come of on both ends, or dose only 1 come of i have to pull that bar out and replace the bar, with another bar with a ball on the end, then put a ball on the other end of it, or can both spikes come off and the bar can stay in while i change them over, if that makes sence.... :p

hucker_boy

weekly chode
they both come off but sometimes its better to do one ball/spike up very tight and then do the other one up as tight as u can with it in the hole, i do my top up very tight so if the bottom comes undone it doesnt fall out very easily