F..king summer nats

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhd

Downhill Direct
We're talking about Summer Nats mate. If you want to talk about fine cars start a Pebble Beach concourse thread.

And personally I'm in the 'hate Summer nats' camp. Personally I don't see the point, ditto for things like Autosalon. IMO there's nothing special about buying a very common car and pumping a heap of money into it, it's like buying a K-mart huffy and putting Enve wheels on it, what's the point? Rather go to a vintage car show any day. Unique and rare cars with owners who can have a conversation beyond the ever rising price of VB and that girls tits. But whatever, that's my cup of tea.
If that's how you see things I guess you buy into mountain biking as an eXtreME sport too.....and we all hang out and say Rad and Knarly a lot. Guess what? A lot of people see no point to what we do either, and do you see them jumping up and down telling them to "die already" and hating us for it? C'mon, Play fair. I can't believe the venom being thrown around here.

Just for the record. I do have a clue about classic cars......
My other ride: Falcon GTHO Phase 1 I restored myself.
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/boondog/vehicles/59689

Huh? What minority group?

Minority in demographic sense? Or in terms of powerlessness?

You lost me there.
Car enthusiasts, street machiners, bogans...... call it whatever you will.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Okay dudes, ditch the name calling. Lets get back onto people's claims that car's are no good for the planet.

workmx

Banned
Car enthusiasts, street machiners, bogans...... call it whatever you will.
Cool. I thought so. I agree - there is emerging sociological evidence that poor white people are seen by many as a legitimate target for discrimination.

Last edited:

dhd

Downhill Direct
Cool. I thought so. I agree - there is emerging sociological evidence that poor white people are seen by many as a legitimate target for discrimination.

According to this thread I would say opinion is divided. Your obvious educatedness is inspiring

Zam

Likes Dirt
This thread brings lots a lols.....

If your not into cars thats cool, why bitch and moan about it when it doesnt effect you directly in the slightest unless you live in Canberra in which case if you hate it enough go on a holiday for a week when Summernats is on...

The time, effort and money and thought which goes into most of these cars is just as much as a classic car, its justa different type of car, one is restored to abosultely and in most cases better than factory condition while the other is highly modified, but if you modify it properly everything should work in conjunction with each other to improve performance, in most cases taking a lot of thought and engineering to get to that stage, YES some of the burnout cars are just thrown together and get the biggest engine stuffed in an engine bay which can be fitted but this is only a minor part of what summernats is.

nescius

Squid
I don't think most Canberrans are concerned about car festivals or with people being interested in cars, nobody really cares what anyone else spends their money on (except for a few busybodies who can't help themselves, but you get them everywhere). For most Canberrans, the problem with summernats is the anti-social behaviour of more than a few of the patrons. I have no problem with people having a good time, but clutching at breasts and screaming unintelligible rubbish at passers by while pissing and vomiting all over the place are supposed to be things that babies do, not adults (although I may concede the breast clutching).

I don't accept that I should have to leave town because some morons decide to behave like animals.

They have been advertising that it's a more family friendly event for the last few years, so maybe the behaviour will be better this year. I live in hope.

workmx

Banned
According to this thread I would say opinion is divided. Your obvious educatedness is inspiring
Sure. Individual attitudes will vary.

But the fact that we have insults for poor whites and that people use them unreflexively is worrying.

There was an uproar when Hey Hey had people in black-face.

From my point of view Kath and Kim is discriminatory about poor whites, but we do not bat an eyelid at it.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Wow nice XW DHD, I have a Yellow Glow (may have to buy one of those yellow adrenaline agents you to go with it) XY GT Rep, not the real thing but all I could afford when I was 19. Turn 28 in a few weeks. It is restored with a clevo stroker, toploader and 9". Unfortunately MTB takes up a lot of my time now as I can ride early while my wife and bub sleep. Since bub came along it hasn't had much use but I look forward to the day I can take my daughter cruising, along with taking her to the park on a bike.

And let's hope so nescius, I loved it when I went at 19 I must have been and want to go back. The cars are at a spectacular level. But I would also love it to become more family friendly, thus think it should be alcohol free (may rid of some of the trouble, but not all of it by far). May take time I suppose. I certainly would want to take along closely if I took my wife and/or daughter and keep them close by my side if it's anything like it was went I went with the random show us ur tits getting yelled at woman.

Last edited:

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i live right next to the nats and am also into cars. Havent been for a few years but might head in on sat. i doubt any other festival/event etc in australia would produce the amount of noise polution, actual polution, alcoholism and "bad behaviour" summenats does. riding the bike to work for a few weeks after always results in punctures due to the glass on the bike path.

but hey, tits or rubber, one or the other.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
who are you princess?? Tradesmen are bogans eh? Who built your house, services your car, who do you call when the plumbing or electricity plays up? You have no idea- wake up to yourself...
hahaha
I think you forgot the miners who dig up all the minerals we use too. At the mine site my uncle works at, 30 miners took sickies to head down to summer nats this weekend.

Are you really that offended by being associated as a bogan ?

It wasn't a knock mate, jest. humour....

Thanks
The Princess

dhd

Downhill Direct
So from most of this thread I have to come to the conclusion that:

• If I'm out riding my bike, doing DH runs or selling bikes you consider me to be a reasonably good bloke.
  • If however I decide to take my car out for a spin I become a bogan and a complete wanker who likes to molest girls drink VB, piss in the street, vomit and abuse people.

How long after I park the car does it take for this to wear off?

Capone

Likes Dirt

• If I'm out riding my bike, doing DH runs or selling bikes you consider me to be a reasonably good bloke.
  • If however I decide to take my car out for a spin I become a bogan and a complete wanker who likes to molest girls drink VB, piss in the street, vomit and abuse people.

i think it only wears off the second you get on rotorburn and lower yourself to the level of shit i have read

frensham

Likes Dirt
90,000 people (estimated attendance this year) can't be wrong about Summer Nats. Can they?

If they're all bogans..... it's a scary world we live in.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DIE ALREADY!.......4 days of listening to bogans drive around in nuts up commos!, see the light people...stop wasting fossil fuels.
although i would like to have shares in jack daniels and a dagwood dog factory, poor kenny!
4 days in a year, man up and move on, thats when everyone else does, not a fan either but get over it

MARKL

Eats Squid

A non mountain biker/non car enthusiast member of the thought police will consider you a 'bogan and a complete wanker...' whichever activity you are enjoying...

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
90,000 people (estimated attendance this year) can't be wrong about Summer Nats. Can they?

If they're all bogans..... it's a scary world we live in.
the bottom of the gene pool is shallow, but thats no deterrent to the 90,000 bogans having a wet tee shirt and dick slapping shin dig, and what better place to gather them than the nations ass hole. BUT, the world would be worse without most of them, after all, most of my daily humor comes from the daily comings and goings of bogans. Also, where else would you propose we put the entire population sof WA? We've already moved them as far away as possible without needing to spend any money on boats.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So you'd rather these "bogans" do it on the street then? Legal event is a much better option for everyone
A car enthusiast is not a bogan, they're doing what they love. Same could be said about us riders with them using an appropriate stereotype. Get over it and go smash a set of stockies.

Status
Not open for further replies.