F1 2011

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
V8SC are as boring as bat shit. But I love the track (Bathurst) and will watch bits and pieces of the race. When the cars were cars and not silhouette racers I would sit down and watch the lot start to finish and woe betide anyone who interupted this feast. Now the highlights package is enough. More than enough. Still love the track though. F1 on the other hand has been very watchable this year, with the exception of Monaco which was my favourite track. Expected the F1s racing to be crap when refuelling was stopped which in turn meant longer and heavier cars but actually the racing has been better this year than last, except Monaco. I want to see cars pass at the hairpin and for those with 2 tonne bolles to pass in the tunnel neither of which can happen with the current cars and tyres.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Well.... that was an interesting quali...

Kobayashi was on fire! Well done to him for getting a good position for tomorrow in front of the home crowd. (Even though he only got 10th)
Vettel...well i guess the writing is on the wall about the 2011 championship,
Was a bit disappointed that Webber didn't go much quicker.

Going for a 4-5 stop race tomorrow due to the tires. High wearing it seems. Everyone saving tires was a bit shit, but it did make it exciting in the last few minutes of each quali session.

We may hear something from the stewards about the hamilton/webber/schumi 'incident' on the last turn. Hopefully we get some footage on it during the pre-race tomorrow

Bilza_ridez

Banned
Very interesting quali
to see hamilton and Schui not make it amazed me, definitely should be showed today on the pre show
And poor Webber, could've done so mutch better. Sad to see him have so much bad luck this year

as for the race today I really hope that the 2 mclarens have a crack at Vettel on the run down to turn 1
no offence to any vettel supporters but it'll make my day if he doesn't win the world championship today
(which is very unlikely).

to the race!

wombat

Lives in a hole
Kobayashi was on fire! Well done to him for getting a good position for tomorrow in front of the home crowd. (Even though he only got 10th)
I saw that on the time sheet at the end of the broadcast and thought it was wrong, since he at least started a flying lap he should have been in front of the last three, since Schumacher never made the line for his run.
Heard today that the grid had been corrected, Kamui to start from 7th, sick! With Webber being so great off the line, the hometown boy could easily make the top 5 or 6 from the start.

In other news, who else forgot to place their tips? :eek:range:

faceplant666

Likes Dirt
So the 2011 Champ is crowned, who will take out the rest of the places? What I am curious about is why do Red Bull only make 2 new wings for a weekend then have to fly a 3rd over. Why not make say 4?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The race is on for second place now! I thought Red Bull may have swapped Webber and Vettel but I guess having him on the podium for his big day was much more relevant. Well done Seb!
On a sour note, I think Hamilton needs another fucking hiding. He once again looked like a spoilt brat after qualifying with his ridiculous look of grief after he was made to look stupid once again by missing his flying lap. He then did a McLaren special and blatantly slowed the guys behind him just before his first pit stop and they claimed he had a deflating tyre! What bullshit, he accelerated out the last chicane damn well enough to show his tyre wasn't deflating, he pulled up just fine at full speed at the pit limiter line and hit his pit box at full tilt. I won't suggest he attempted to push Massa onto the grass because that would sound as though I think McLaren are bad sports.............even though they requested an investigation into the Button vs Vettel on the first lap where they claim Button "was forced off the track". Surprisingly, there was no penalty or investigation for Hamilton doing EXACTLY what they claimed was unsporting on the first lap.
Another day time Grand Prix next week with Korea, hopefully it is as exciting as last years race!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I won't suggest he attempted to push Massa onto the grass because that would sound as though I think McLaren are bad sports.............even though they requested an investigation into the Button vs Vettel on the first lap where they claim Button "was forced off the track". Surprisingly, there was no penalty or investigation for Hamilton doing EXACTLY what they claimed was unsporting on the first lap.
Do I detect the taste of sour grapes there?

I didn't get to see the race itself due to shitey regional televison but from what I read Hamilton DID get investigated for his clash with Massa, and seeing as Button - who is generally a pretty mellow guy for an F1 driver (certainly not as fiery or as petulant as Hamilton or Alonso)- was still seething at Vettel 90min and one victory later at the end of the race, it sounds like it must have been a pretty dodgy move on Vettel's part.

Congratulations have to go to Vettel though. Flawless driving all season. My only fear is with Webber being retained for next year, if the cars remain at the same relative performance levels there will be nobody around to challenge Vettel. Here's hoping that either Mercedes with their new tech dept acquisitions or Mclaren get their cars back up on top. A Rosberg/Schumacher or Hamilton/Button battle for the WDC would be absolutely riveting!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Haha, it's always going to be sour grapes on my part whenever McLaren are involved in an incident. I've detested their sporting approach since the early 1990's and while it may have improved, I still don't like them.

On the Mercedes front, I reckon that team will be on it for the rest of this and next season. I'd like to see Rosberg up there getting pole positions and cracking a win or two. Schu is capable as long as someone doesn't block him. ;)

Hew

Likes Dirt
Yeah good on seb for the win, he earned it, but as Dozer said it's time for the second place race!

I for one want to see barachello and michael do well this season, they're both such bloody talented drivers and don't seem to be getting quite where they deserve.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Schu is capable as long as someone doesn't block him. ;)
Or find themselves between him and a concrete barrier - those sort of antics tend to be detrimental to both cars!

I for one want to see barachello and michael do well this season, they're both such bloody talented drivers and don't seem to be getting quite where they deserve.
Schuey's already got 7 WDC's and there were a couple of them he didn't deserve so I don't think the sport really owes him any more glory. It would be good to see him back in a competitive car, if only to see his fury whenever Rosberg hands his arse to him on a plate!

Barrichello is the perennial #2 driver. fair enough, being teamed with Schumacher is always going to be a kick in the nuts for a driver but he also had a shot at glory with Brawn and failed to make anything of it. He seems a hell of a nice guy and a good driver but unfortunately just not a great one

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
I have been bored shitless by F1 this year - I think I watched the first few races then lost interest. Have not tipped, barely look at PlanetF1.com

Big yawn this year.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Chris is drunk again!
I want a Massa and Hamilton Front row this weekend just to sort this shit out. Who would you back in a punch up?

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
picks

Chris is drunk again!
I want a Massa and Hamilton Front row this weekend just to sort this shit out. Who would you back in a punch up?
you could never pick Hamilton in a dust up as with such a preedy face, manicured facial hair, sweet sunnies and lipstick on every moment of every day he would turn and run so fast that his silver vodafone tutu would show of his polished chrome gbanger.............

Its time for picks ladies and gents..... Get excited sir GT...... Who won last years Korea........hmm was it the beer swilling, dog eating alonsoooooo.
Longest straight of the season, DRS... whos going to have the top speed...... ????
So whos going to throw the schooner at the after party this year........... Kubica as he is told to forget it and play with his grapes.......???????

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
And will seb just step aside and let Mark get max points for the remainder of the year to make a redbull 1/2 for the year??

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You're right Shags, we're in Alonso territory now you lot so stand back and take it on the chin. ;)
I actually backed Webber this week as I can see Red Bull pouring their energy into that car. Whatever happens, it can't be any fucking worse than what he did their last year. That was the moment he lost his chance at being world champ.
Alonso would beat anyone on the grid in a punch up............just saying.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You're right Shags, we're in Alonso territory now you lot so stand back and take it on the chin. ;)
I actually backed Webber this week as I can see Red Bull pouring their energy into that car. Whatever happens, it can't be any fucking worse than what he did their last year. That was the moment he lost his chance at being world champ.
Alonso would beat anyone on the grid in a punch up............just saying.
Alonso couldn't fight sleep! His gargantuan head gives him the air of a human punch-bag and I doubt his petulant child-like bratty nature would lend itself well to a bit of biffo. He'd be lying on the canvas crying before the bell had even stopped ringing.

My money would be on either Vitali Petrov as he looks like a russian hitman, Kamui Kobayashi as he's definitely got the ninja skills or Mark Webber as there's a lot of pent-up frustration there (and he's got to be good at something)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Alonso's neck would beat everyone to a pulp..
I'm pretty sure his eyebrows are actually small furry aliens that are usually tasked with enhancing his manliness, but probably re-purpose quite well as ninja attack drones.

When it comes to frustration though, no man would be simmering harder than Rubens, and I reckon a zimmer frame to the jaw could well hurt.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
hahaha

Hey SIR DOZER, you really are the only Alonso boy in town.... We have chin, head, neck, eyebrows etc thats all being attacked in the assasination of you fallen red hero...
Hey nice win for you last Sunday GT.

Psst i am back ridin the DH bike often now - and loving the thrill again as the confidence returns, so watch out after a way to long delay with a few false starts - DH and the fatman is back (oops shagger).....