Fair or not?

gooser

Likes Bikes
Hey guys, not real sure if this is the right forum, please redirect me if it isn't. I want to know what everyone thinks about a potential bike swap, it involves an 08 Norco A-Line PE and a GTDHI, do you think that is reasonable, or should one side or the other have cash as well?

just a thoguht, perhaps you should include more detail as to spec and condition, some photos may also be useful, in my opinion a the GT is a more expensive bike therefore may be one sided but without condition is hard to tell.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
yes definetely need year models, conditions and spec lists. if these are all the same or fairly similar then whoever is swapping the GT should receive the A-Line plus a little cash installment.

gooser

Likes Bikes
Yep

Yeah, that's what I thought, they are both 08 models, and the GT is a little better on spec I think. Thanks for the replies guys, re-affirmed what i thought originally.

gooser

Likes Bikes
Mmmm

Yes, I did just get the Norco, well, on boxing day last year anyway. I love the bike, the spec is pretty good for what I am doing, really good actually, I just had an offer from a guy that knows a guy I know ( trianglish aint it?). I wasn't sure of the comparison so I thought I would get some help. The 'giving of cash' to the other party is my worry.....broke, so it's the Norco I stay with, and not at all disapointed.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Yes, I did just get the Norco, well, on boxing day last year anyway. I love the bike, the spec is pretty good for what I am doing, really good actually, I just had an offer from a guy that knows a guy I know ( trianglish aint it?). I wasn't sure of the comparison so I thought I would get some help. The 'giving of cash' to the other party is my worry.....broke, so it's the Norco I stay with, and not at all disapointed.
No worries. My mate has the same bike, and he looooves it. So does nearly everyone who rides it.

Except me, but that's because I've only ever ridden hardtails, and it just feels weird.

gooser

Likes Bikes
Yeah, everyone who has ridden mine, (only a select few mind you, bahaha), love it as well. I don't profess to be an expert, or even have limited knowledge to what I am talking about some of the time, but for the price, the spec and ride you get from the Norco are pretty good right?

gooser

Likes Bikes
I actually got it from you're neck of the woods...well, sort of. I got it posted up from BSC in Melbourne, couldn't be happier with it for what I paid. I have only had 1 problem to date, and that's one i am having right now, i got new brake pads, yadayadayada, i can't get the bloody things centered properly. You aren't a cats fan by any chance mate?

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I don't really follow footy, but if I did I'd support the cats.

I'll ask my mate (who really needs to get a computer of his own and sign up for an account here) about the brakes when I see him next, he might have some tips.

gooser

Likes Bikes
Yeah, that'd definately help me out of a hole, I don't suppose abit of rubbing is too bad anyway, I can't imagine no one has brakes that rub. Anyway, just for the record, I am a St Kilda fan, haha, odd, being in NSW and all, but I have always followed them.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would keep the norco. If the GT is such a better bike why is the person swapping it for a 'lesser' bike. And also i wouldnt trust it from a freidn of a friend.

Oh BTW your conversation with spike......thats what PM'ing is for

gooser

Likes Bikes
Yeah, sorry, will PM next time. The Norco will be kept, don't worry, if I was going to trade I would ride the other bike in question and make a hopefully informed decision, it wouldn't be an impulsive spur of the moment thing, but bottom line...Norco stays.

Last edited: