XC Fairlight has arrived....

Jabubu

let you google that for me
That and it's a complete waste of time. You boys keep telling yourselves you need tubeless tyres, for whatever reason. Keeps me in work, that's for sure. Tyres, latex, valves, rim tape, cush cores. Money for old rope. Believe the hype people. Tubeless rules!!!
Is it? Fuck tubes, they might be easy to install but they're a fucking pain in the arse to install 5 times because they puncture all the time.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Curious, how do you decide which bit of hype you're going to chase and which hype to ignore? (Buys the latest Jibb-able bike and fits a seat-post and tubes from 2007 on it.) :eek:
I use my brain. Having worked in advertising in both London and New York, I spent many years selling hype to people. It’s not hard either.
I’m not sure an alloy Jibb and a steel hardtail with XC Geo is chasing the hype, but if you say so. Doesn’t bother me.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That suits me just fine. I’m just an old dude who tells the truth as I see it. I‘m not saying I’m correct. It’s just my opinion, nothing more. I know I’m in the minority here, but a lot of people still listen to the radio.
Horses for courses. Don't know where you live, but around these parts Calthrop/three corner jack is rife, to the point of using slime in my road bikes tyres just to get to work.

This time of year is the worst with the grape trucks dragging everything out of the blocks and on to the roads.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I went tubeless early days. Didn't get that many punctures but when I did I was lightyears from home and doing the thing on the side of the trail lost its gloss. I run tubes in the fatbike but only because the rims are made of Swiss cheese (the holes not the texture). I ran the hardtail without a dropper for years because it was on,y used on firetrails and gentle cross country stuff. Now it is #1 bike I fitted a dropper. Used it a few times but nothing like the need to use it on the Bronson dropping into creeks and gullies. A nice thing to have rather than a need. The rest? As you need it or as you want it. No kink shaming.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I The rest? As you need it or as you want it. No kink shaming.
That’s exactly it! Exclaiming how you can’t possibly understand why someone would run their bike a certain way and labelling them as suckers to marketing is ridiculous! Of course if your sort of riding doesn’t need a long travel dropper or even dropper at all or DH tires or long travel then you’re not really going to understand why others see it as a necessary item. But if you study Matty’s photo above you’ll see that without a dropper that guy is in trouble, without a decent travel fork when he hits the G Out at the bottom his fork will likely bottom out and send him OTB. If he makes it through the G out without chunky rubber his front tire might compress enough to snake bite his tire. Especially if it’s light weight and running a tube. Or if he makes it down, the rock garden at the bottom might spike his light trail tire and more than likely if it’s tubeless it’ll seal and he’ll never know. Old fashioned tube and he’s on the side of the trail patching it!
I think old Rusty might be stirring the pot a bit. Maybe. Possibly. Who the fuck knows…
But others are serious. Build it, ride it and huck it, or not, the way you want. Bikes are fun. That’s the bottom line.
Anyway. Nice bloody bike. Dropper or not! :D

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Here you all go....

Frame - 2024 Fairlight Holt
Front fork - Rockshox SID 100mm with lockout
Handlebars - Roval carbon 35mm x 720mm
Stem - Pro. 35mm x 50mm
Headset - HOPE
Grips - Crappy Rockshox ones that came with the twistgrip lockout
Saddle - Specialized Phenom 143mm
Seatpost - Thomson Elite 27.2 x 410mm. Silver.
Front brake - Shimano XTR M9100 Race
Rear brake - Shimano XTR M9100 Race
Cranks - Shimano XTR 175mm.
Chain - Shimano XTR 12 speed.
Pedals - Shimano XTR SPD
Rear derailleur - Shimano XTR 12 speed
Rear shifter - Shimano XT 12 speed
Cassette - SHimano XT 10-51.
Front hub - HOPE Pro5 28 hole.
Rear hub - HOPE Pro 5 32 hole.
Front rim - Mavic XC1025 29er 28 hole
Rear rim - Mavic Xc 1025 29er 32 hole
Spokes - DFt Sweiss Comps. Silver
Nipples - DT Swiss 14mm brass/silver
Tyres - Pirelli Scorpion XC-M 29 x 2.2
Tubes - Let's not start this again.
Total weight - Don't care.

And a nice Ti King cage to finish it off....

IMG_5625.jpeg
IMG_5630.jpeg
IMG_5626.jpeg
IMG_5627.jpeg
IMG_5632.jpeg
IMG_5631.jpeg
IMG_5628.jpeg
IMG_5629.jpeg
IMG_5635.jpeg
IMG_5633.jpeg
IMG_5636.jpeg
IMG_5634.jpeg