fairwell to Lidsdale ride

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Just got a call from SF and it would appear they need to move the logging of Lidsdale forward. In fact logging may start on the Eastern side of Forest Ridge Road as early as October.

Anyway thought it might be nice to get a fairwell to the forest ride happening sometime mid october.

The plan would be hit up the XC loop on the Sunday morning and then head over the highway to play around on the steeper more technical trails in the hardwood in the afternoon.

anyone keen?

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Just got a call from SF and it would appear they need to move the logging of Lidsdale forward. In fact logging may start on the Eastern side of Forest Ridge Road as early as October.

Anyway thought it might be nice to get a fairwell to the forest ride happening sometime mid october.

The plan would be hit up the XC loop on the Sunday morning and then head over the highway to play around on the steeper more technical trails in the hardwood in the afternoon.

anyone keen?
I'm up that way first week of the holidays (Sept 28th - Oct 1st) if anyone wants to join me for a ride. I'm planning on doing both xc and the short course dh tracks one last time. Love that place. Will be sadly missed.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll get out there before then and maybe on that day. Very sad.

Todd will be heartbroken.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
tell me this cant be true Flynny!!, will have to come over for this one mate, this will leave a void as this was my favourite track!!!
I should have the stumpy evo by that stage so i can join you guys for some downhill in the arvo!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been meaning to get out there for ages. I guess I'd better do it soon!

Anyone up for a mid week ride the same week that CraigS is up there? 28th Sept - 1st Oct?

mtb1611

Seymour

Anyone up for a mid week ride the same week that CraigS is up there? 28th Sept - 1st Oct?
I could be - for the same reason as you - but will need a coupla day's notice.

CraigS

Likes Dirt

Let me know what day you guys are heading up there. I've got some other friends planning a trip up for some xc but I'm keen to take the big bike too for some fast flowy stuff on the short DH trails. So much fun and will be sadly missed. My favourite trails for sure. I'll be commuting there from Bathurst and should be able to get there on any of the days during that week.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You guys chuck a date up and I'll do my best to make it. Preferably not the Wednesday though because apparently I have to go looking at outdoor furniture.:(

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You guys chuck a date up and I'll do my best to make it. Preferably not the Wednesday though because apparently I have to go looking at outdoor furniture.:(
You would drive from bargo to do push runs? thats dedication for you

CraigS

Likes Dirt
You would drive from bargo to do push runs? thats dedication for you
Lithgow is only and hour and a half from Sydney. Much closer than say Campbelltown to Ourimbah:p;)
Also some of the smoothest, flowy trails I've ever ridden. Love riding in a pine forest too, just has that Northern Hemisphere feel about it.

rmvvwls

Likes Bikes
Is it possible to tag along and check out some of the XC stuff with some of you guys? In return, petrol donation + providing of mirth.
Edit: Just realised this is probably for after the 28th. Scratch that, I'm heading to QLD on the 27th :(

Last edited:

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Grant how's Friday 1st Oct (next Friday) sound for some pedalling action? I've got some other friends coming up to Lithgow for the first time too. Should be fun.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Okay I'll lock in Friday. Sounds good.
Anyone else wanting to join in for some sweet single track fun on Friday 1st October?
Should be fun. Will organise a start time over the next week, but would be probably mid morning @10ish or so. That should give anyone coming from the big smoke plenty of time to get there.