Farkers, if you have or like boobs you owe me money.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Alright Farkers, listen up.

This July myself and a team of crack kiteboarders will be crossing the Torres Straight, raising money for the McGrath Foundation along the way and promoting breast awareness.

The expedition itself is no trivial undertaking - raging tides, fickle winds, and incredible physical demands. Oh, and crocs, sharks, Irukandji... Yeah.

And yet it's nothing compared to the journey that women (and even some men) go through every day when diagnosed with breast cancer. It's a seriously rough deal. The McGrath Foundation does a lot of good work, particularly placing breast care nurses in areas of need.

The crossing was attempted last year but the guys needed a short boat transport due to unfavourable winds. If we succeed I'm pretty sure we'll be the first people ever to kiteboard from Australia to another country. How cool is that?

So Farkers, if you like or have boobs this is what I want from you - that next MTB purchase you've been thinking about - that new crankset or seat - donate 10% of that value to the McGrath Foundation with this link:
https://mcgrathfoundation.gofundraise.com.au/page/benno_torres

You know you can! You'll get a tax deductible receipt and a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Btw - check out the Sydney part of the team on the Today Show last Saturday:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?featur...top_uri=/watch?v=MW1dpxFKUe8&feature=youtu.be

And our team website:
www.torrescrossing.com

Thanks kids!
Brisney

wombat

Lives in a hole
This July myself and a team of crack kiteboarders will be crossing the Torres Straight
Ben, are you too a "crack kiteboarder", or are you actually kinda shit?

Because if you're shit, and just gonna have a go anyway then I am definately gonna donate.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Fuck yeah. You are an inspiration to a lowly med student.

People bitch and moan endlessly about the drudgery of the early postgraduate years but you're grabbing life by the balls and proving that your career path is not a sentence to a monotonous existence.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Ben, are you too a "crack kiteboarder", or are you actually kinda shit?

Because if you're shit, and just gonna have a go anyway then I am definately gonna donate.
I'm shit! Actually two weeks ago I was seriously worried about my ability to follow through with this but I've been training my arse off for two weeks and now I'm sunburned, blistered, calloused, have cuts and scratches everywhere, my muscles ache and my knees are causing me serious grief. And this is just training!

Feeling much better about my chances of actually making it now.

POSM I'll probably take a 10 and 12 kite, although we may be getting a sponsor to supply us with 9 & 12. Board undecided - ill probably modify a conventional twin tip.

Syphon - I'm just locuming at the moment mate, so taking a break from the circus of hospital and training jobs. Make no mistake, life will suck balls until you make consultant.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Nice one!
I'll jump on a computer in the next day or 2 and flick a few bucks your way...

Good cause, my wife is a BC survivor!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4 Beta