Fast Cars of 08 & 09

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Post your fast cars of 2008/2009..

My vote goes to the ridiculously quick Lexus sedan, the IS-F. 5.0lt engine, 0-100km/h in 4.6 seconds. Japanese are catching up with the Euro's, for sure.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Post your fast cars of 2008/2009..

My vote goes to the ridiculously quick Lexus sedan, the IS-F. 5.0lt engine, 0-100km/h in 4.6 seconds. Japanese are catching up with the Euro's, for sure.
I'm possibly going to formal/grad in one of those bad boys :cool:

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
But it has fake exhausts!

Audi has the new RS5, RS6 sedan and the TTRS coming out, the Porsche Panamera, new E-Class and Coupe, new Ferrari. Probably a whole bunch of silly Falcodores too.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt

For the money, there isn't a showroom standard car on the planet that can touch this.

Not one.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
150k for the aussie delivered models mid next year, or 170+ for an import japspec now.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cnan think of a few acctually
Faster Cheaper and you dont need to be feeling your self up while driving.
The new GTR is more a wankers car than driving your 360 modena everywhere in 2nd gear and reving it alot

nizai

Likes Dirt
The new GTR has had some well documented problems, angry owners taking Nissan to court over refusal to replace broken bits under warranty etc. Its clear it has some design issues.

The Japs are catching up to the Euro's? Are you kidding me? The Jap's have been on par with the Euro's for years. Heck Nissan is owned outright by Renault, you could ask the question, is there really any difference anymore?

N

Matt H

Eats Squid
Can't watch YT here at work, but did they actually take the ZR1 around any corners?
Hahaha, when a mate was telling me about how the ZR1 beat the GTR I asked him the exact same thing. :p

What is this?!? American cars just aren't supposed to turn corners, it's not normal! :eek:

:p

Not really... that is US$ so at current exchange rate with duties/taxes & RHD conversion you would be looking at around $220k+
Yeah it was more an example/hypothetical then anything. I'm guessing if the exchange rates were not as fucked and they were sold in Australia they'd have a reasonably competitive price point.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
Yeah it was more an example/hypothetical then anything. I'm guessing if the exchange rates were not as fucked and they were sold in Australia they'd have a reasonably competitive price point.
Expect to see it even higher than that.

The 2007 Z06 was retailing in Aus for ~$240k and available in the US fully opt'd for $80k. So expect the ZR1 to be in Ferrari price range.

Unfortunately luxury import tax hurts the most. 25% of the price. Plus GST, plus import tax, plus RHD conversion, plus ADR compliance, plus profit.

Its cheaper to take a working holiday in the US for a year and then bring back one as a private car. No tax then, just cost of car, shipping and RHD conversion/compliance. have a corvette for $110k.

W2ttsy

dh damo

Likes Dirt
now these are some nice fast car. but there not really from 08/09 but meh there nice.

/img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1191679331266tz1.jpg]
[/URL]

here u go callum lol.