Fatality in the news

fallboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22987268-3102,00.html

"A MAN who turned 18 yesterday has died after falling off his mountain bike in a high-speed crash.
The man was riding down Gehrke Hill Road at Summerholm, about 85km west of Brisbane, at 11.45am when he lost control of the bike and skidded on to a dirt section beside the road.
Police believe he swerved to avoid a tree and fell off the bike, suffering fatal injuries"

I guess it is something that you don't really think will happen. Condolences to his family for the sad day.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gee, poor kid and family, his birthday, went for a ride and died, how unlucky could you be.

I feel so sorry for his family and friends, what a difficult time, just being after Christmas and all.

J

JaRedy

yep, heard it on the raido this morning, It reminds me of just how bad it could get. I've never really thought about being killed before.
and after christmas too:(

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
sheeesh, must have been going pretty fast and landed a bad way or ran into something. always sucks when you hear of anyone dying, especially at 18. makes me really sad :(

voidet

Likes Bikes
Ouch, god damn. Poor kid probably got a new bike for xmas/birthday combined present. Went out, cained down the mountain and then misjudged a curve or jump and then *hit*. I want to know some details of this, how fast and how he did it exactly :(