Father coming to Sydney to ride difficult trails...need help finding them

bj80

Cannon Fodder
Hi, My dad is coming from overseas and would like to do some mountain bike riding while he is here. He is an experienced mountain bike rider and does difficult trails and has done many races. He is wanting me to see if there is anyone who rides in the sydney area...preferably near sutherland/menai who would be willing to meet up with sometime during his visit to show him the trails and to ride with b/c he said he enjoys riding with others. If there is anyone who could help us either by guiding as to where to find out more about the trails...getting trails maps etc....or even better by working out a time to meet up. He is coming Jan 15th to the 29th. Thank you!!!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Hi, My dad is coming from overseas and would like to do some mountain bike riding while he is here. He is an experienced mountain bike rider and does difficult trails and has done many races. He is wanting me to see if there is anyone who rides in the sydney area...preferably near sutherland/menai who would be willing to meet up with sometime during his visit to show him the trails and to ride with b/c he said he enjoys riding with others. If there is anyone who could help us either by guiding as to where to find out more about the trails...getting trails maps etc....or even better by working out a time to meet up. He is coming Jan 15th to the 29th. Thank you!!!
Hi mate, you should probably introduce yourself in the Newbie section before jumping right in.

When you say difficult trails, are you talking about XC, ? DH? AM?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah mate, welcome to the forum and best of luck in helping your dad out.

However, if you are going to use this forum try to navigate the situation a bit better, please.

First, there is a dedicated section for this kind of post, The Watering Hole. I'll move this thread there for you now and please post in the relevant sections in future.

Secondly, there is likely already a mountain of information already on the website as these issues get discussed very regularly. Please search key words before you make new threads like this.

Lastly, please provide more information if you want to receive useful answers. Taking some time to read the appropriate sections you'll see that there are some specifics that are required, most importantly would be the kind of riding your dad is looking for, without that critical information it's difficult to tell you what you need to know.

So I'll move this thread and leave it open for you but in the future, please try and consider the above points.

Best of luck with the request and I hope your dad gets a few good rides in whilst he's here.