Fav freeride bike of all time

I-shred

Likes Dirt
Hey guys i wanted to know what your favourite freeride bike of all time and why.
ill start off:08 demo 8 i just love the frame design and it's spec.

Attachments

Ty

Eats Squid
Santa Cruz Super 8
Karpiel Armageddon
Rocky Mountain RM 7/8/9

I reckon those 3 bikes pretty much wrote the genre.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well although perhaps not full freeride bikes, i have a couple
Titus Super Moto
Chumba Wumba F4 (More Dh i know)
and the good ol' RMX/7

and those darkcycles are pretty dang sweet!!

dhdave199

Likes Dirt
Definatly and Intense M6, i'm sure eneryones seen enough pistures of them.

Oh and a Reign x0, awsome do everything bike.

Last edited:

Kymbo1979

Likes Bikes
yep I definitely agree with this. I just got a deal on a 2007 basic model.

If by "Freeride Bike" you mean something that you can pedal to the top of a hill as well as belt down DH track then this is my choice.

It's probably not going to handle the 30ft drop like some of the others mentioned but I've nailed it down some pretty rough DH tracks. I also regularly use it for some fairly mega xc rides and I can keep up with the xc peeps no problem.

I don't know about the 2008 model though, they look a little light and breakable.

K.

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep I definitely agree with this. I just got a deal on a 2007 basic model.

If by "Freeride Bike" you mean something that you can pedal to the top of a hill as well as belt down DH track then this is my choice.

It's probably not going to handle the 30ft drop like some of the others mentioned but I've nailed it down some pretty rough DH tracks. I also regularly use it for some fairly mega xc rides and I can keep up with the xc peeps no problem.

I don't know about the 2008 model though, they look a little light and breakable.

K.
actually freeride bikes 'original term' was not meant to be ridden up the hill, rather be dropped off the biggest cliffs, natural or man-made.

i'll post my fav bike when i get on the other computer.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bottom bike is a canfield, just for the record, and yer its not exaclty freeride, freeride means you can acctually pedal up a hill for a small amount of time

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Santa Cruz Super 8
Karpiel Armageddon
Rocky Mountain RM 7/8/9

I reckon those 3 bikes pretty much wrote the genre.
Agreed, but I would include;

Kona Stinky, love or hate them how could anyone not mention this freeride beast.

Santa Cruz Bullit

Norco VPS series

And on another planet, Cannondale Raven 3000 Super freeride:p Can't believe they tried to patent the term freeride, especially considering the calibre of their bikes at the time.