Feedback on evil the calling?

MRO

Likes Dirt
My experience has been great. But as with every brand there are the bad stories that stand more than the good ones. Hopefully there's a reasonable outcome.
I think the LBS have copped it and exchanged the frame for another brand. Mate doesnt want to deal with Evil anymore - they wont even reply to his emails.

MRO

Likes Dirt
Good luck with getting it resolved. What's the next step with them? Are they at least open to discussion or is it a great big get stuffed and we've got your money?
As far as i know, it was a 'great big get stuffed we've got your money.' Lucky LBS was good enough to swap it for another branded frame.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As far as i know, it was a 'great big get stuffed we've got your money.' Lucky LBS was good enough to swap it for another branded frame.
That's a decent outcome, and it shows again how some LBS are supportive and customer focussed. They don't get enough credit in many cases.

For me, the LBS relationship and brand / manufacturer warranty are among my top selection criteria.

haulrs

Likes Bikes
Considering evil bikes are what I though we're very mail order I am quite surprised about the local bike shop bit.... I am very interested in this as a replacement for my 09 commencal meta55 is in the brain... I am in very keen on a Dave weagle design,

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Less than 300km on this bike and the owner is very careful with it.
Its not a road bike. The amount of KM's mean nothing on a mountain bike. It could have been 300km's of the roughest trails you can ride which.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Considering evil bikes are what I though we're very mail order I am quite surprised about the local bike shop bit.... I am very interested in this as a replacement for my 09 commencal meta55 is in the brain... I am in very keen on a Dave weagle design,

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)
I believe there is a distribution model as I get posts from Defcon Cycles in Brisbane - there was one recently which offered $500.00 off current models

teK--

Eats Squid
Its not a road bike. The amount of KM's mean nothing on a mountain bike. It could have been 300km's of the roughest trails you can ride which.
The key part here is "the owner is very careful with it". Its a mtb and a high end one at that. Unless it is outright abused or crashed, it should survive riding the roughest trails without cracking. Goes back to what they said in the interview, that their R&D is based on theoretical computer modelling. They don't test their frames to destruction.

MRO

Likes Dirt
I sort of agree but the more Km on any frame increase the chances it has been crashed and also make an crash damage harder to identify from any other marks.

This frame is immaculate as it hasnt been used much. Immaculate other than for the cracked carbon.

Flow-Rider

Burner
If that was my frame I would be ropeable, you wouldn't normally buy a bike like that for XC riding. It's hard to say what has happened here but doesn't look like an overly neglected bike from the photo. I've bought two carbon frames at a 1/4 of the price of an Evil and had many stacks and not one crack appeared on the frame. Maybe the OP was unlucky but for that sort of money I would expect something out of the frame manufactures.