POS Feeling blue from the rain or is that turquiose? (Yeti)

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well I just got my 2015 Enduro bike just in time for the Rockshox Challenge at Mt Buller. Thanks EMSA, FTR and Yetioz.

Frame: Yeti SB6c
Fork: Pike 160mm with Yeti decals
Cranks:XX1 34t
Cassette: X01 10-42t
Rear Mech:XX1
Shifter: XX1
Wheels: LB rims on Hope hubs
Brakes: XT Trail
Stem: Syntace 40mm
Bars: Control Tech Viper 740mm (now has Truvativ Jerome 750mm )
Seat: Charge
Headset: ChrisKing

12.5kgs as is in pictures

10410487_10205453333909330_8800802181196971075_n.jpg

10801767_10205453334309340_4080301176459178888_n.jpg

10929168_10205453335029358_4744285014459727366_n.jpg

Last edited:

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be interested to know about the maintenance on it. Are they custom parts? Looks interesting.
Hi John,

I talked that over a lot with Shaun (polarbear) before signing on. He assured me that they have had zero to no maintenance issues with it so far. But I have to remember that would be less than 12 months of use.

Thanks JT, can't wait to ride it in anger

Z

Zaf

Hi John,

I talked that over a lot with Shaun (polarbear) before signing on. He assured me that they have had zero to no maintenance issues with it so far. But I have to remember that would be less than 12 months of use.

Thanks JT, can't wait to ride it in anger
It's just two little stanchions and a bushing. The original test rigs from Yeti still have the same hardware mounted with no issues, and they were running for three years or so.

How does she ride?
What made you go the SB6c over the SB5c?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He didn't say how long they had been testing, but he did say they have left one with no maintenance at all and it is still 100% okay.

If the weather is good I will get to ride it tomorrow.

Went the SB6 over the SB5 for racing. The courses are getting harder, like 90's DH tracks before they became supercross tracks. I mean Full Face helmets will become compulsory soon no doubt. Especially since our governing body in Australia actually cares about the discipline and will develop rules for it. Plus I am getting older and the extra margin for error will be appreciated.

This was originally going to be Nomad but changed to this because I had an opportunity to own a brand I have always wanted.

Z

Zaf

Let us know how it feels in the different area's.
I ask because over on MTBR they seem to recommend the SB5C a lot more. JohnP was saying that the SB6C is far better suited for gravity work and being a complete and utter race machine. Still, sounds like you're doing the riding where that kind of bike is warranted.

My SB66c is a little bit too much bike for out here in Central Aus. Not to ever imply that I don't love it to pieces and it's not an extremely capable allrounder, but we don't quite have the elevation out here to really test the limits of the bike. The bigger slacker nature of it takes a bit of reigning in.

Still, ride report once you've gotten to know her would be appreciated.
Also, Welcome to the tribe!

teK--

Eats Squid
Nice beast; I am starting to see more of these on the trail every month they look sweet and must ride the same.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First ride done. The climb to the top was quite enjoyable. The steep seatangle makes it climbs really well. You don't notice the slack head angle causing any wondering steering. First downhill was feeling really comfortable until I binned it in about the 4th corner. Man this thing is stiff in the rear end, no sideways flex at all. Load up the Gs and it doesn't feel like it is going to fold in half. Because it feels so solid in the rear you kind of think it isn't going to handle the big hits well. Lined up a couple of decent rock gardens and it soaked it up perfectly. Very impressed so far. Strava indicates that it is on the money too, which is pretty good for a first ride. Couple of PR top tens on tracks that I know very well and have raced a few times.

Last edited:

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Second ride today. The SB6 is a race bike. Rides like a shorter travel bike so very fast over the ground BUT seems bottomless when you need it. I can only say you need to ride one. 10608401_10152944701741858_3674290775889549888_o.jpg

10914857_10152944701391858_7705408140961451818_o.jpg

10934104_10152944710846858_131390878970648052_o.jpg

Gripo

Eats Squid
The courses are getting harder, like 90's DH tracks before they became supercross tracks. I mean Full Face helmets will become compulsory soon no doubt. Especially since our governing body in Australia actually cares about the discipline and will develop rules for it. Plus I am getting older and the extra margin for error will be appreciated.
Nice bike......

A real shame to hear that "enduro" is heading down the road of retired DH racing...real shame!

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it is much more than that. The skill and FITNESS needed at the top end is amazing. Look at a Cheeseburger, Hyperlink, frenzy, Canyonero, Reaper stage. You need top end XC fitness and decent skills to be fast over stages like that. You need to come out and have a look. Try and make it to the National round in Toowoomba.